Mbatha Medical Diagnostic Center
Mbatha Medical Diagnostic Center 0 vacancies
Seeking Hard-Working, Dedicated Problem Solvers: Field Officer Electrical Engineer in Uganda
Background Innovation: Africa (iA) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization whose team of dedicated problem solvers work together to bring solar and water technologies to rural communities in Africa in need living in rural African villages. We use solar energy to pump clean water and provide schools, orphanages, and medical clinics with light and refrigeration to store vaccines and medicines, IA has completed over 300 solar, water, and agricultural projects, providing light, clean water, food and proper medical care to more than 1.7 million people in Ethiopia, Tanzania, Malawi, South Africa, Uganda, Cameroon, Senegal and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Job Summary We are seeking a highly trained and qualified individual to join our Uganda team as a Field Officer Electrical Engineer. This position works under the supervision of the local Project Manager and is responsible for identifying and selecting the beneficiaries of our projects, actively engaging in community mobilization and sensitization, establishing and maintaining regular communication with the communities we serve, implementing project-related activities, providing regular reports and ongoing monitoring of the projects. In addition, the Field Officer Electrical Engineer shall be responsible for tasks related to overseeing solar system design, technical implementation, installation, liaison with local solar contractor, as well as providing technical support in all sites post completion. Candidates should expect frequent travel to the field to identify new projects, oversee the construction and implementation of ongoing projects, and monitor completed projects.
Reports To Local Project Manager & Country Director in Israel.
• Oversee all field operations related to solar and water projects, including prospective project search, project construction/implementation, and monitoring and evaluation
• Work closely with our in-house engineers to plan and design all solar project systems in accordance to the facility’s specific needs
• Oversee technical implementation of all solar system implementation and serve as technical point person for all system designs
• Manage on-site work during all stages of the system installation Independently assess needs for maintenance work (post-installation) in projects where a malfunction exists
• Conduct community technical trainings and sensitization
• Track the progress of ongoing field installation and maintenance activities • Maintain regular contact with Innovation: Africa’s engineers in Israel to successfully implement and monitor new solar technologies and remote monitoring systems
• Appropriately sensitize the communities we work with, including establishing project steering committees and small solar-related businesses to maintain the project
• Support the Project Manager to manage relationships with municipal officers, local leaders, and international stakeholders
• Send daily updates and regular progress reports to international management team regarding prospective projects, construction and implementation of current projects, and monitor existing projects
The ideal candidate is a dedicated team player with strong interpersonal skills who has a background in electrical engineering, community development and mobilization, and working with international stakeholders. The candidate must demonstrate a proven passion for working with the community and possess detail orientation and problem-solving skills.
Compensation Commensurate with experience.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the community development sector
• Bachelor’s Degree or professional diploma in Electrical Engineering or closely related field
• Technologically oriented with excellent computer skills, including proficiency in email and Microsoft Office software Driver’s license
Ability to commit to flexible working hours
• Ability to relocate to the Mbale region of Uganda
• High proficiency in English; both writing and speaking
As an international organization, our team works in New York, Israel, and Africa, and is constantly on the move. To maintain close contact despite our travel schedules, we regularly use technology solutions, such as WhatsApp and Skype. The ideal candidate thrives in this type of fast paced environment and is comfortable working with colleagues in different time zones and continents.
Company Size: 300 - 10000 (Large Organization)
Industry: Engineering & Construction
Location: Kampala, Uganda
No vacancies available