Administration And Human Resources Officer At Cbm
Administration And Human Resources Officer At Cbm 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
CBM is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. CBM addresses disability as a cause and consequence of poverty, and works in partnership to create an inclusive society for all.
We are looking forward to recruiting:
• Manage professional office administration and efficient operations of the Country Office in line with relevant CBM standards;
• Document and maintain updated administrative processes and procedures; initiate and lead regular reviews to ensure clarity, effectiveness and efficiency;
• Ensure that CBM is complying with in-country regulatory requirements such as registration and related annual reporting to relevant authorities;
• Effectively line-manage the administrative staff based on performance;
• Handle visa applications for visitors and expatriate co-workers;
• Coordinate office meetings, workshops, training, etc as scheduled;
• Provide secretarial duties, including handling of official correspondence with authorities, business registrations, etc;
• Provide support to the Country Director specific to the operational requirements of his/her position, such as schedule management, minute taking, report writing;
• Ensure office and property/facility management, including office cleanliness, organizing and overseeing maintenance and repair works on CBM premises or on CBM assets; facilitating and following up on Accessibility and Inclusion audits;
• Ensure professional receptionist services for the office;
• Organize security of the premises, keep up-to-date contact with Security Company and oversee the security guards work;
• Take responsibility for record keeping and filing of important administrative office documentation; manage the office archives;
• Ensure a proper filling system for Administrative files is in place for both electronic and hard copy documents;
• Prepare and submit timely and informative quarterly reports to the Country Director.
• Proactively develop a procurement master plan to guide all procurement activities and deadlines for the year;
• Receive procurement requests, commence the procurement process and oversee integrity of the process before payment is made;
• Ensuring that all procurement approvals, processes, decisions and challenges are adequately documented in agreed format and filed on time;
• Maintain a robust supplier database of CBM preferred suppliers of goods and services across the Country. As a committee member, guide in the selection/use of pre-qualified suppliers; vendor rating to ensures fair vendor selection for all procurement processes per the set thresholds;
• Manage communication and relationships with all suppliers and contractors to facilitate smooth implementation of procurement procedures, identifying any issues that would impede timelines and delivery for resolutions;
• Act as a member of a vendor/supplier selection committee in procurement processes;
• Prepare and maintain contract register and ensure all contracts are up to date as per the CBM’s policy. Conduct supplier assessment prior to contract renewal as per the procurement policies.
Inventory and Asset Management
• Ensure all CBM assets, equipment and vehicles are timely and adequately covered for risks through various applicable insurance products;
• Control and maintain an asset register and inventory, in line with CBM or donor requirements, as applicable. Plan and execute the asset verification on a quarterly basis and update the register. Report on any variances;
• Maintain an up to date and accurate asset register by tracking, tagging, and archiving of asset lists/registers, with close collaboration with the Finance Manager;
• Coordinate timely disposal of old and obsolete office equipment and assets, as guided by CBM guidelines on disposal;
• Verify physical inventory and stock by conducting spot checks periodically and investigating discrepancies to ensure accurate records, with close collaboration with the Finance Manager;
• Plan and execute the asset verification on a quarterly basis and update the register. Report on any variances;
Human Resources Administration
• Enforce HR policies and standards compliant with local regulations and CBM standards;
• Ensure on-time delivery of HR services and accuracy of information, in close collaboration with the Country Director and Regional Hub HR Manager;
• Provide timely and consistent HR data for the Country office to facilitate the preparation and dissemination of HR reports;
• Maintain the HRIS database in a safe and secure location, and in compliance with applicable CBM standards and legal requirements;
• Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in a timely manner and maintains personnel files and leave information;
• Maintains a database of employee contact information;
• Monitor scheduled absences such as holidays or travel as per policy and coordinate actions to ensure the staff absence has been adequately covered off to ensure continuity of services;
• Submit HR recruitment / contracting requests for approval in line with the Authority Structure;
• Facilitate the in-country recruitment and candidate selection process in line with CBM standards;
• Coordinate the process of induction & briefing for new staff in the Country Offices;
• Ensure employment contracts are in place and inform the Country Director in a timely manner of contract end-dates;
• Support the Regional HR Manager with administrative and logistical aspects of expatriate co-worker assignments, such as arranging house leases, security, vehicle, etc;
• Coordinate the effective implementation of the annual performance management process by line managers in line with agreed timelines;
• Ensure all staff have up-to-date and signed job descriptions in place;
• Ensure CO compliance on inclusive employment, compensation and other issues in line with local regulations and CBM standards;
Staff line management
· Manage and coach the CBM staff under direct line management, which includes: selection, job description updates, performance management, capacity development planning, work plans and follow up, delegation and motivation.
· Model and promote positive behaviour with team members, including the inclusion of persons with disability in the administration team in the Country Office.
· Participate as required in the response to the various forms of misconduct as guided by CBM applicable policies
· Participate and actively contribute to learning platforms in the region and at the international level within CBM upon request, and make recommendations for enhancements to relevant policies and procedures to create operational efficiencies.
· Comply with all safety and health procedures and requirements at CBM and, at all times ensure your own safety and health and that of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at CBM.
· Carry out role-specific responsibility to safeguard children and adults at risk (as guided by CBM’s respective policies).
· Ensure that all activities conducted within scope of work or as an employee with CBM comply with the IT and data protection principles
Responsibilities and Authority
· Actively participate as a member of the Senior Management Team in the Country Office.
· Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the line manager.
· Others responsibilities applicable as per current Authority Matrix
· Relevant university degree in General Management, Business Administration or any other relevant field.
· Minimum three years’ experience in a similar position within a reputable organization, preferably a development organization.
· CIPS or other Procurement qualification will be an added advantage
· Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks efficiently and meet critical priorities.
· Highly organized and self-directed, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and under minimal supervision.
· Ability to proactively anticipate any potential issues or risks for the office and submit appropriate recommendations to address them
· High level of professionalism, maturity and integrity when dealing with sensitive information and issues.
· An effective team player who is able to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions and personal backgrounds.
· Experience of working with persons with disabilities or promoting disability rights a distinct advantage.
· Willingness to commit and adhere to CBM’s values and Child Safeguarding Policy.
· Identification with Christian values and the mandate of the CBM
· Proficiency in English and Kinyarwanda; French is an added value