Chief Executive Officer At Human Capital Synergies Africa Ltd
Chief Executive Officer At Human Capital Synergies Africa Ltd 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Human Capital Synergies (HCS) Africa is a Nairobi (Kenya) based, human resources professional services provider. Its two Directors, Ms. Veronica Anam and Ms Njoki Mwihia jointly hold over 40 years of combined experience working in the United States and various African countries. Their joint experiences encompass a range of human resources facets as well as general administration and communications. HCS Africa’s primary target market includes small and medium entrepreneurs and non-governmental organizations spanning the African continent. Its secondary target markets comprise large organizations, government departments, parastatals and multinationals that we service jointly through our local, regional and global strategic preferred partners and alliances.
Our client in the FMCG sector seeks to recruit a Chief Executive Officer (CEO). He/she will be tasked to lead the organization in determining the strategic direction and guiding the execution while ensuring that it maintains profitability with objective of improving customer experience, maintaining great staff experience, and meeting market demands and market expectations.
Executive Director, Board of Directors
Head of Sales & Marketing, Production Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, Finance Manager, Human Resource Manager, Distribution, Logistics & Operations Manager, New Product Development Executive, Business Analyst, Project and Strategy Implementation Manager, Legal Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategy and Leadership: Lead the development of the strategic direction of the company in liaison with the Board of Directors. Act as the vision carrier for the organization and translate it to executable plans for the organization. Serve as bridge on guidance and execution to foster effective teamwork between the Board & management and management & staff.
- Leadership, Management & Administration: To constantly assess the moving parts of the company and remove/address any obstacles and hindrances that may prevent the team members from achieving the company objectives. To ensure effective collaboration, coordinate and connection of the different departments within the organization. Provide general oversight of all projects and activities, and assure a smoothly functioning, stable and efficient organization through development, implementation and regular evaluation of standards and controls, systems and procedures.
- Stakeholder management for Business Growth: To promote and advance the Company’s reputation by developing, retaining and growing the stakeholder relationships and partnerships. Initiate, develop and maintain cooperative relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external) and oversee the development, implementation and monitoring of an effective business communication process internally and externally, to help grow business by finding new clients and expanding relationships with existing clients.
- Innovation: To keep abreast with global, regional, and local trends to lead the creation, development and execution of ideas and innovations within the company. To look out for risks and pitfalls that could be detrimental to the business for management and mitigation.
- Reporting: Provide regular, accurate and quality information to aid Board and shareholders’ decision making. Review information and insights provided by management team and provide approval on key decision on final approval
- Talent management: To oversee the development and implementation of sound people strategies that ensure effective attraction ,recruitment ,development and retention of the right talent and culture to help achieve strategic priorities and secure its profitable future, while complying with all relevant legislation. To constantly ensure that the talent and skills pipeline is adequate to meet the company’s current and future objectives
- Ensure Business Continuity by:
- Ensuring the financial health of the company is maintained
- Identify and evaluate applicable risks, develop, implement and continually review appropriate interventions to mitigate such risks and ensure business continuity
Requirements of the Role
- Master’s Degree in a business-related fie
- Ten(10)years’ work experience five(5) of which has been in a senior commercial management
- Possess business acumen and Entrepreneurial mindset
- Demonstrate Visionary leadership with the ability to analyze changes in the market and discuss trends in the business world while assessing the opportunities and risks involved.
- Able to engage, motivate and work with cross-functional team members; Driving results through people; and hold individuals accountable for results through continuous follow through initiatives.
- Able to have a long-term perspective of the direction of the company based on the internal and external environment context and guide others towards that envisioned goal; able to meticulously prepare a well thought through course of action and liaise with stakeholders to execute the same.
- Able to identify the interests of various stakeholders, and champion positive engagements with them to achieve envisioned business objectives.
- Able to engage, persuade and convince stakeholders in order to get desired decisions, information and output in line with the envisioned deliverables
- Ability to work under pressure