Clinical Practice Educator-icu At Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa
Clinical Practice Educator-icu At Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa 1 PositionAga Khan Foundation (AKF)
Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an ISO 9001:2008 certified secondary care hospital providing 24-hour inpatient and emergency services in the Coast Region of Kenya. The hospital offers a range of quality healthcare services in the areas of internal medicine, surgery, paediatrics, obstetrics & gynaecology, and intensive care. The Hospital includes comprehensive diagnostics, including imaging services, a leading ISO 15189-2007 accredited laboratory, high-quality physiotherapy, pharmacy service, and Halal certified catering service. Mission The Aga Khan Heath Service in Kenya is dedicated to providing quality patient care with special attention to access, affordability, clinical excellence, patient safety for the communities it serves.
Reporting to the ICU Nursing Manager, the Clinical Practice Educator will be responsible for delivery of safe and quality patient care through evidence based clinical practice and nurses’ professional growth and development.
Applicant must be a Registered Nurse with current licensure with the Kenya Nursing Council. They must have BScN, ACLS certification. S/he should be proficient in Microsoft Office packages. The successful candidate should have a minimum of five (5) years nursing experience in the Critical Care Department in an acute care Hospital.
- Leads the team in development, implementation and monitoring of unit based clinical policies and procedures;
- Guides nurses in the assessment of patient care needs and the planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing interventions;
- Identifies learning needs of the nurses and assumes responsibility for development and implementation of unit based in-service programs for all nursing staff;
- Makes daily rounds of all patients in the unit while reviewing patient allocation to determine correct patient assignment to the nurses;
- Ensures that all documentation related to patient care is done as well as ensure that staff are familiar with the documentation policy;
- Participates in the Nursing Division Nursing Quality Assurance audit program;
- Guides nursing staff in initiation of and participation in Hospital-wide as well as Unit-based nursing research projects;
- Ensures a monthly report of learning activities and spot checks are submitted to the relevant entities on time;
- Takes lead in unit based continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) projects.