Cluster Cargo Readiness Supervisor At Cma Cgm
Cluster Cargo Readiness Supervisor At Cma Cgm 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
CMA CGM is a leading worldwide shipping group. Founded in 1978 by Jacques R. SaadÃ©, CMA CGM is today a worldwide leading shipping group. It has nearly 29,000 employees around the world, of which 4,500 in France. Of the French employees, 2,400 are based in Marseille, where the Group was founded. The CMA CGM Group has become a major player in the global maritime shipping industry. A global network of innovative services Backed by 600 offices and agencies in more than 160 countries and operating nearly 200 regular shipping lines, CMA CGM Group offers comprehensive market coverage capable of meeting customer expectations across the globe.
The group currently employs 110,000 people worldwide, including nearly 2,400 in Marseille, in its headquarters in Marseilles.
Main tasks and Responsibility
- Overseeing and leading cargo readiness team in the cluster to ensure cargo is ready to load on time for export bookings with minimum booking shortfalls in the cluster.
- Providing tasks support, guidance, training and coaching to cargo readiness team employees to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Taking the lead in organizing workload balance and job sharing in case of absences for the cargo readiness team.
- Regular reporting on Cargo readiness performance metrics to and highlighting support and training needs for the cargo readiness team.
- Organizing, attending, and taking the lead on weekly/monthly meetings with relevant internal stakeholders such as Logistics, Cargo Operations, to ensure efficient flow of relevant information, promptly give updates on cargo readiness matters and recording minutes of cargo readiness issues discussed.
- Centralized Cargo readiness process owner, in charge of continuous process improvements and adoption of new process/tools roll outs to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Managing email response on Cargo readiness email queues to ensure timely response to internal and external customers as per company SOPs.
- Strict adherence and compliance with CMA CGM Group processes & policies and local authority requirements and deadlines.
- Perform overview of export bookings and compare Bookings Vs Allocation Vs Forecast every day starting 10 days to vessel arrival.
- Consolidate reporting on Cargo readiness and space control reports for Ports of loading local cargo.
- Perform Pre-call cleaning as per CMA CGM group Cargo readiness process, liaising with relevant stakeholders.
- Identify missing status (e.g. Verified Gross Mass, compliance etc.) and cross check special cargo details with terminal information.
- Chase customers and customer service team at agencies for information on missing status (result: clean load list on missing status, VGM, compliance etc.)
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to prepare cut instructions and to inform Cargo Operations desks as per cargo readiness process.
- Communicate with customers and other departments such as Documentation, Logistics, Booking Teams, Commercial and Customer service to determine if cargo will be utilized for a given voyage or to be rolled or canceled; documentation is received and completed and that information and documentation is accurate and up-to date in CMA CGM’s operating system and at the terminal
- Ensuring notification/update of any extra charges as per agency tariffs as per Cargo Readiness SOPs.
- Coordinate Late gate arrivals with Cargo Operations teams.
- Follow up on local cargo shut outs (e.g. cut and runs) and inform customer service teams
- Monitor proper system updates on cargo shut outs/cut and run to inform relevant internal desks promptly.
- Check and resolve invalid journey leg by liaising with relevant internal desks.
- Miscellaneous related duties or projects as assigned
- Timely response to customer phone calls.
- Timely response to emails.
Skills and Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree or qualified professional
- Minimum 5 years experience in the shipping industry
- Import and Export Shipping Documentation, Customer Service experience or related forwarding and / or logistics experience in a similar capacity
- MS Office Applications and ability to prepare comprehensive reports.
- Customer Service oriented
- Manage and measure work performance
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation and leadership skills
- Basic knowledge of East Africa geography and port operations
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based upon data analysis
- Ability to multi-task and deal with and manage multiple stakeholders.
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced and professional environment
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Willingness to provide support and coaching for team members and share knowledge