Communications Senior Associate At Instiglio
Communications Senior Associate At Instiglio 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
We are a group of passionate individuals working together under one shared goal: to ensure that every cent spent to alleviate poverty has the greatest possible impact on the lives of the 2.4 billion men, women, and children afflicted by it. Our mission is to empower leaders in the social, public, and private sectors to improve the impact of social programs in developing countries by tying funding to results. You can read more about what each of us contributes to our mission here.
We are a diverse team of 50+ people, representing 10+ nationalities, with offices in Colombia (HQ), Kenya, Morocco, Peru, and the USA. Our team of practitioners has extensive development and government experience, including previous roles in impact evaluation (e.g., J-PAL), development banks (e.g., World Bank), country governments (e.g., Rwanda Ministry of Finance, Colombia’s National Planning Department, Congress of Colombia), and research (e.g., Harvard’s Center for International Development).
Effective communication is one of Instiglio’s most important avenues to influence and shape the standards of public sector performance and to promote the improvement of service delivery in international development. Our communications team has the mandate to position Instiglio as the go-to-expert for high-level decision-makers interested in results-based approaches and to develop a compelling narrative and brand that can reach, inform, and influence leaders in our sector; including governments, bilateral and multilateral aid agencies and development banks, philanthropies, service providers, as well as other development practitioners, such as researchers and academic professionals.
We are looking to hire a passionate and proven communications expert to support our Senior Leadership team and our client-facing teams in maximizing our influence and impact beyond our direct project work; because the most successful organizations don’t just communicate the changes they make, they communicate to make change happen.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff and working in close collaboration with teammates across Instiglio’s country offices, the Communications Senior Associate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Strategy & Team management:
- Develop, together with the Senior Leadership team, Instiglio’s global and regional communication strategies and KPIs; and manage the day-to-day execution of these strategies.
- Manage and train the junior members on the communications team (analyst and intern).
- Coordinate and oversee the communications data analytics to inform the strategy and leverage insights in decision-making.
- Thought Leadership:
- Advise, write, edit, and pitch content for different audiences around Instiglio’s projects, critical insights, and knowledge products; such as: press releases, project descriptions, talking points, external articles, social media posts, policy briefs, etc.
- Position, plan and oversee the Senior Leadership’s participation and scope in articles, social media and conferences of interest.
- Maintain strong and foster new relationships with journalists, editors, and hosts from platforms and publications read and frequented by government officials and international development practitioners in relevant markets.
- Brand Development & Dissemination:
- Oversee the creation and use of tools, templates, and other resources that allow Instiglio’s global team to become brand ambassadors; maintaining a consistent, relevant, and impactful brand across all presentations and documents
- Support the creation of visual and text contents for Instiglio’s recruitment efforts and internal communications, in line with our evolving employee brand proposition and organizational culture
- Analyze industry trends to adapt, in collaboration with the leadership team, Instiglio’s brand to appeal to different contexts and audiences in line with our strategic goals
- Support Instiglio’s Business Development team in developing communication strategies within project proposals
- Oversee and manage all of Instiglio’s social and traditional media systems: website, external blog, newsletters, annual reports, social media channels, etc.
We are building a team of resourceful go-getters that are driven by our mission, curious about the world, and dedicated to a life of learning and service.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related fields
- Experience: At least 6 years of communications experience within the field of international development, government work, advocacy or related fields
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the field of international development and social impact
- Exceptional written, oral, and visual storytelling skills
- Excellent structured thinking skills, as well as attention to detail
- Experience working with technical experts to translate complex concepts into compelling and approachable content for different audiences
- Self-starter with an ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and multicultural environment
- Language: Native fluency in English (C-2) and professional proficiency in French and/or Spanish (C-1)
- Education: Master’s degree in Economics, Public Policy, Design or related development fields
- Work experience in the public sector
- Experience using design platforms such as Illustrator or InDesign or working with visual designers
- Experience with web design or working with web designers
- Technical skills:
- Knowledge of brand development
- Knowledge of data collection and analysis
- Language: Professional proficiency in Spanish (C1)