Drill Operator At Viscar Industrial Capacity
Drill Operator At Viscar Industrial Capacity 1 PositionViscar Industrial
Viscar Industrial Capacity Ltd is a dynamic Training, Consulting and Resourcing firm that provides innovative Information, Technology and Engineering solutions for corporates and businesses. We have a rich history of driving innovation and excellence in capacity building for organizations in the East African Region to enhance productivity and optimize strategic output.
The successful candidate will be responsible for operating directional drill rigs used for installation of underground telecommunications cable conduit in a safe and effective manner.
- Operates drilling rig machines for installation of underground telecommunications cable conduits.
- Sets equipment up including the drill, water tanks and grounding machines and other accessories
- Knowledge of understanding the entire drilling process from setup to calibration to pullback
- Communicates with and closely works with Project Managers and Site Supervisors
- Maintaining a safe working environmental for self and others
- Maintain the drilling machine and all its accessories in clean, good working condition
- Maintain and submit complete and accurate files/logs/pictures/reports as determined by the Supervisor and/or Management
- Establishes daily maintenance program for the rig
- Assist in the loading/unloading of equipment, materials and supplies needed for daily work
- Responsible for the site set-up and clean-up
- The candidate must be in possession of Diploma of Ground Water (Drilling Option) from a recognized institution, Kenya Water Institute or any other approved equivalent qualifications
- At least two (2) years relevant experience in a busy water drilling and installation work shop and working with drilling machines.
- Mechanical skills
- Passed the departmental Occupational Test III
- Ability to perform manual work requiring periods of extensive physical exertion and potential exposure to adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.