Engineer – Container Management At Safaricom Kenya
Engineer – Container Management At Safaricom Kenya 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
We are pleased to announce the following Position in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Manager – Container Management., the position holder shall provide expertise in planning and operations of the container management platforms to support DevOps and Business projects.
- Responsible for building, maintaining and supporting high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable and distributed Platform as a Service systems.
- Responsible for interfacing with application development teams to ensure applications fit within the infrastructure with scalability, reliability and security designed and implemented from the onset.
- Responsible for establishing and improving team processes and workflows to maximize efficiency and productivity of people and systems.
- Responsible for reviewing cloud technologies and defining digital transformation models and roadmaps.
- Lead in automation of infrastructure at massive scale to support scaling of digital services.
- Lead the ‘Open source first’as a fit for the future initiative within the function.
- Service Quality Management: Ensure container management platforms perform within or exceed KPIs, ensure ability of the system to support specific forms of traffic, and to support end user experience. The same should be tracked using SLAs.
- Resolve faults on all systems deployed for containers and container management platforms.
- Escalate to supplier if needed and follow up until resolution
- Quick Turnaround time to resolve emerging threats / issues
- Develop & utilize new products & service acceptance criteria. Active participation in the section to enable team meet sectional and departmental Goals and objectives.
- Have a full understanding of the defined performance indicators, assign tasks, and objectives set.
- Operate within approved CAPEX & OPEX expenditure for the section to meet sectional objectives.
- BSc Degree in computer science or engineering;
- 2+ years’ experience in infrastructure support and/or planning in an environment with mixed VMware and Red Hat virtualization.
- Experience with Container/PaaS orchestration/management platforms such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, CloudFoundry.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise Linux Server Operating Systems such as RHEL/ CentOS, Ubuntu.
- Experience with Configuration Management eg Chef, Ansible, Terraform.
- Good understanding of build tools, CI/CD, Devops and Agile principles.
- Cloud knowledge and integration models.
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal communication and leadership skills
Last Date to Apply: Jun 25, 2021