Exciting Careers Opportunities At World Vision International. Apply Now!!!
Exciting Careers Opportunities At World Vision International. Apply Now!!! 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Please note that you will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview in case you are shortlisted.
Position: Project Coordinator – Accelerating Elimination of FGM
Reporting to: Program Coordinator – Gender Development
Grade Level: 13
Work Location: Nairobi
Purpose of Position
The Project Coordinator will provide technical support to 17 CBOS supporting the Anti FGM Project, which is funded by UNFPA under the Joint programme. The position will guide the CBOs to align to WVK and Donor requirements and Practices in project implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting in line with the project work plans and budgets. The PC will engage in capacity building of CBOs leadership, staff and partners. The PC will support CBOs in conducting effective stakeholder engagement.
Technical Support and Program implementation, 50%
- Provide technical support to ensure coordination of the CBOs Project interventions
- Advise and support the CBOs and Partners on innovative strategies in addressing FGM
- Develop, revise and contextualize SGBV training materials for use by the CBOs.
- Guide and work together with officers in the APs to support the CBOs and ensure implementation of interventions in selected counties as envisaged in the work plan
- Advise the CBOs on on-going capacity opportunities on development and provide resource materials, practical tools and references
- Facilitate capacity building of CBOs project staff and partners on Sexual and Gender Based Violence (FGM and Child Marriage)
Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability, Learning and Innovation, 30%
- Support Conducting of FGM assessments, reviews and audits to assess integration and involvement of women and girls
- Integrate FGM considerations in Results-Based Management monitoring and reporting method
- Develop tools, frameworks and resources to enable better FGM implementation
- Track and report against FGM indicators and disaggregate data by gender to analyze results within each indicator.
- Plan and Lead partners in monitoring and evaluation of the CBOs.
- Monitor projects expenditures and disbursements to ensure delivery is in line with approved project budgets and to realize targeted delivery levels.
- Aggregate data and information on elimination of FGM so as to effectively report on progress made in the UNFPA/UNICEF Joint Programme on FGM/C (including making available data as well as progress made in implementation of the Presidential Acceleration Plan to end FGM by 2022
- Review and provide technical feedback on results and project reports to donors
- Document knowledge about current and emerging trends in FGM and other gender issues, by analyzing programmes, projects, strategies, approaches and ongoing experience for lessons learned, promising practices and share with management and other relevant stakeholders for use in knowledge sharing and planning future strategies.
Engagement Networking and Advocacy, 15%
- Organize CBOs and stakeholder meetings in collaboration with the AP managers and National office technical team.
- Advocate for policy translation, position papers and influence to county plans on FGM and Child marriage
- Work with relevant Government Ministries and agencies for technical direction and leveraging of resources to support FGM and child marriage interventions in the project area.
- In collaboration with other actors, assist in developing initiatives to ensure regular and consistent advocacy on FGM and Child marriage concerns
- Strengthen linkages between the Project and other WVK programs
- Ensure coordination with the Anti-FGM Board, SDGA and other key partners in Anti FGM technical working groups and forums at the county level
- Actively participate in the Project meetings and other WVK forums as appropriate
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or designee from time to time
- Participate and contribute to committees and task forces as and when required.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Graduate degree in social sciences such as Social Work, Gender Studies, Development Studies, Community Development, International Studies, or Sociology
- 4 years’ experience in implementing and coordinating AFGM, SGBV and CBO management.
- An understanding of Human Rights and specifically Women and Child rights including CEDAW and Social Justice Issues and gender equity.
- Demonstrated ability in project design, implementation and ME.
- A good understanding of CBOs management and coordination
- Effective English oral and written communication skills; ability to interact professionally in English.
- Good understanding, Gender and social inclusion, approaches, standards, guidelines/ international promising practices.
- Proven record of accomplishment as a staff and community trainer and capacity builder in Anti FGM and Sexual and Gender Based Violence.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to strengthen management of CBOs
- Knowledge in training of CBOs on project planning, implementation and accountability
- Ability to take initiative, solve complex problems, exercise independent judgment;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- A team player, capable of building staff and partners in HES sectors
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, and emotional maturity
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts and;
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written).
Vacancies in NGO, Community & Social DevtView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.