External Communications Manager At Safal Group
External Communications Manager At Safal Group 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The company opened its first manufacturing facility in Mombasa, Kenya, in 1962, rapidly widening its reach to include further countries in East Africa, and then Southern Africa. In 2003, all operating companies were reversed into the current holding company called Safal Investments Mauritius Limited and conduct its business across Africa as the Safal Group.Today, the Safal Group manufactures in 10 African countries and sells and markets its building solutions across the continent.
This is the ultimate storyteller’s role, regaling our external stakeholders in our corporate, brand, and citizenship roles. The role is responsible for creating the strategies both Digital and Public Relations that ensure timeliness, consistency, coherence and accuracy of communication across the different channels and touchpoints.
- Create best in class PR processes to be utilized across the group to drive a consistent approach to external communication.
- Develop, plan, implement and monitor the overall external communications strategy for the Group.
- Ensure that the Group is seen as an industry thought and innovation leader by telling its story through its brands, CSR initiatives and sustainability story.
- Drive the narrative of moving to a Building Solutions Company from a roofing one.
- Work with the Brand Teams to drive brand equity with customers for existing and new brands.
- Own the growth and development of the Groups digital and public relations organisations.
- Create informative content, press releases, articles and media opportunities to share the Group’s brand, products and services.
- Directly or through PR agency, develop and manage relationships with key media players to secure and grow media coverage through traditional and digital media.
- Directly or through PR agency prepare detailed media activity reports.
- Respond to external communication-related issues in a timely manner.
- Allocate and manage the Group’s annual external communications budget and ensure its use is fully maximized.
- Show return of investment for Group external communication efforts.
- Manage change management communications to external stakeholders.
- Define and drive the selection process (including criteria for selection) of PR agencies across the different markets.
- Work with country PR resources to curate messages for Business Heads for external communications in their markets
- Field media questions and pitch stories to the media
- Oversee preparation of media kits, press releases, preparation of articles for newsletters and organisation of press conferences.
- Manage the release of information to counter negative publicity and handle crisis and emergency communications.
- Own the Group’s digital strategy and ensure consistent application of the same across the group.
- Take ownership of and assume the role of gatekeeper for all of the Group’s digital platforms.
- Create and curate shareable content, determine which platform is best suited for what content.
- Build and manage social media profiles and presence, maintaining broad consistency across the different digital platforms and fostering vendor relationships.
- Work with the Brand Managers to ensure that there is a digital strategy for each brand, hinged on content, channel, assortment, reach and search.
- Ensure coherent digital plan – ensure every brand has a sound conversation calendar.
- Influence and manage the digital budget.
- Drive the thinking of “digital-first” for campaigns and all communications.
- Constantly update and refresh the content on the Group’s website.
- Evaluate the best media channels for the Group to invest on
- Implement strategies and technologies to support the measurement of digital effectiveness.
- Budgetary responsibility: Manage the external communications, Digital, and PR budget
- Minimum academic qualification: Bachelor’s Degree
- Qualifications as an added advantage: Postgraduate qualifications, Brand Management experience (having been involved in running a brand)
- General work experience (years): 12 years
- Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): at least 7 years in a similar role, Demonstrated experience in digital marketing.
Key competencies and skills:
- Strong leadership and influencing skills.
- Confident communicator and presenter
- Strong collaboration skills.
- An excellent understanding of digital media and its application in Brand Building
- Excellent follow through
- Great writing and editing skills.
- Highly skilled in Agency management
- Ability to think conceptually and analytically.
- Ability to tell a story in an interesting and engaging way.
- Ability to learn new things.
- Knowledge and understanding of communications practices, tools and techniques
- Highly developed project and time management skills.
- Great listener
- Fast paced and prompt
- Energetic and Enthusiastic
- Possess the ability to keep the information confidential
Additional/specific work requirements:
The role will require travel within the country and out of the country
|Job Closing Date||23/06/2021|