Group Communication & Public Relations Manager – Jumia At Jumia
Group Communication & Public Relations Manager – Jumia At Jumia 1 PositionJumia
JUMIA is an e-commerce startup with an aim to mimic Amazon’s success by delivering a wide range of items, from toys to generators across the African continent. Shortly after the startup of the business in Nigeria, JUMIA launched warehouses in four other growing countries which include: Egypt, Morocco, Kenya and Cote d’Ivoire.
About the role:
Are you ambitious and looking to work in a dynamic ecommerce environment? Don’t miss the opportunity to join one of the largest, fastest-growing and most successful international online companies.
Jumia is looking for a Comms associate to work within the company in Kenya. The role is to support the Jumia in development and delivery of the digital Communication strategy.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build a strong network of media partner
- Pro-active by pitching media and organize interviews
- Increase Jumia’s Brand awareness through media and Social Media
- Write articles for the media, including press releases and reports
- Events management
- Be a spokesperson for the company
- Brief the team about the wording, Q&A, talking points and prepare a public presentation
- Handle the corporate Social Media platforms by creating and sharing relevant content
- Support the Group Head Comms team for cross country projects and Group processes
- Support on creating PR reports, SM reports
- Owner of PMO for Group Comms Project
- Organise the Comms team work – central processes & files
- Proof-read content, including but not limited to social media posts, blog articles and press releases for the Comms team
- Crisis management – support the team with guidelines and actions
Required and skills qualifications:
- Previous experience in Comms, Journalism or Public relations
- Complete fluency in both spoken and written English
- Education to degree level or equivalent in PR, Communication or Journalism
- Must have a commendable Media network and relations.
- Independent and resourceful.
- Strong drive and leadership
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to meet demanding targets.
- High level of motivation, determination and commitment.
- Skillful in content creation, as well as copy-writing and proof-reading
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the ecommerce industry
- A unique opportunity in implementing and executing new ideas for a thriving e-commerce business
- The opportunity to work with professional and dynamic teams in and outside your local country
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation