Head Of Operations At Kcb Bank Uganda
Head Of Operations At Kcb Bank Uganda 1 PositionKCB Bank
Head Of Operations
Reporting to the Managing Director and is part of the Country Leadership team.
The Head of Operations effectively and efficiently manages / co-ordinates the Bank’s Operations processes relating to payments, procurements, facilities, security, reconciliation and cash functions to deliver cost effective and excellent customer service while mitigating inherent risks. .
• Ensure efficiency in Centralized operations: Cash management, BOU clearing, funds transfer process, procurement, Trade services, Treasury back office, Facilities Management, reconciliation and Archives Management.
• Evolve the annual Operations Plan to support Corporate Strategy.
• Drive efficiency, cost minimization and value for money in all departmental deliverables.
• Enforce a pro-active and sound operational risk management culture in Operations department.
• Champion changes and innovations to processes and controls in line with technology, competition, customer tastes and overall business environment.
• Manage Operational and Bank spend within annual budget limit in liaison with Finance department.
• Oversee Bank projects like new branch setups, existing branch renovations, etc.
• Manage Team performance, motivation and Talent cover processes.
• Ensure revenue maximization/ recovery for services and transactions done at Operations department.
• Fast tracking session with each Team leader in the department (Operational support, Procurement & Facilities, Clearing, Treasury Back Office and Remittances & Trade Services)
• Key Control Reports’ review and sign off (BOU & Internal reports)
• Profiled follow ups (for Queries, error logs, un-committed transactions, etc.) with Group Office.
• 2nd level transactions due diligence for outward RTGS items bank wide.
• Procurement approvals and oversight of the prequalification exercise of suppliers for the Bank
For the above position, the successful applicant should meet the following criteria:
• University degree in either business or humanities from a recognized and reputable institution. Master’s degree in business administration or operations is and added advantage.
• Total Minimum No of Years’ Experience Required – 8, at least 5 years’ experience in Branch banking, 3 years’ experience in central operations, 1-year experience in general administration (procurement & facilities).
• Excellent communications and engagement skills
• High-level of integrity and strong entrepreneurial skills
• Strategic planning and management skills and experience in market segmentation models
• Leadership and change management skills
• Outstanding customer relationship, negotiation and selling interpersonal skills
• Advanced practical knowledge and understanding of credit principles and practices