Head Of Operations At Sanlam Kenya Plc
Head Of Operations At Sanlam Kenya Plc 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Sanlam Investments East Africa (SIEA) is a leading fund manager in the region and has a strong record of accomplishment in service delivery and performance,with over KShs 230 billion (approximately US$ 2.3 billion) in assets under management. SIEA is part of the Sanlam Group, through its subsidiary Sanlam Emerging Markets. The Sanlam Group is a leading financial services group with operations in more than 30 African countries and a primary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
The Head of Operations (Technical) is responsible for maintaining the business operational efficiency and ensuring the business complies with industry standards and regulatory guidelines.
The role holder is also responsible for upholding best practices in underwriting and claims management, risk rating and arrangement of optimal reinsurance programs for the business .
- In consultation with the CEO, develop, implement and oversee the operations business Strategy
- Oversee underwriting and claims management.
- New Business development and client retention
- Oversee the existence of an efficient and optimal core operating system.
- Supervise, lead, coach and develop the General business underwriting, claims and reinsurance operations team.
- Ensure excellent customer experience and intermediary relationships
- Oversee optimal reinsurance placement and risk management
- Review existing products and develop new ones in line with customer needs and expectations.
- Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in commerce, Business, Law, or related discipline from a reputable university
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Professional qualification(s) in insurance eg. ACH, FCII or equivalent. – Member of Kor a relevant professional body
- Ten (10) years’ post qualification experience with at least five (5) years in General Insurance Underwriting and/or Claims management
- In addition, the candidate should have exposure to reinsurance treaty arrangements and related field
Skills and Attributes
- Strategic leadership and analytical thinking skills
- Strong leadership, supervision, and training Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Knowledgeable with industry’s rules and regulations
- Results driven & customer focused
- Good negotiation skills
Vacancies in InsuranceView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.