Hostel Warden At Management University Of Africa
Hostel Warden At Management University Of Africa 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The Management University of Africa (MUA) is a premier private university that aims at providing innovation, leadership and management solutions to industries and communities in Africa and beyond. The distinct focus of the Management University of Africa is to be the centre of excellence in capacity building in management, leadership, governance and entrepreneurship. At MUA we believe that it is only people who have mastered themselves and discovered their potential, who are best equipped to contribute responsibly and effectively towards the sustainable development of this country. To this end, we have made every effort to create an environment for our students to discover their inherent talents and to equip them with the necessary skills and capacity to employ the same effectively. MUA is Located on Popo Road, South C Nairobi, Nairobi Kenya. The University also owns 80 acres of land in Kisaju, Kitengela for future development.
No of Positions: 3
The responsibility of hostel warden is to coordinate and oversee all activities and programs running in hostels. He/she is responsible for managing and ensuring proper maintenance and cleanliness of hostel facilities and maintaining a friendly environment in which each student can live and learn.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the health, hygiene and general welfare of the students residing in the halls of residence.
- Attend to all matters of health, sickness, diet, sanitation and cleanliness
- Ensure that students observe the rules framed for their guidance and maintenance of decorum.
- In liaison with the security officer, ensure security of the students in and around the halls of residence.
- Visit the students at any time in their rooms for their welfare and safety.
- To supervise the maintenance of the hostel facilities provided and to plan for upgrading and maintenance of these facilities in the halls of residence.
- Arbitrate and /or mediating between student disputes thus ensuring good order and behavior is maintained in the hostels
- Available for “on call –duty” whenever required, which provides emergency cover in the evenings and weekends.
- Assisting the Hostel Administrator with the admission of new students
- Address grievances and complaints from students
- Providing relevant information about the students whenever it is required.
- Coordination of provision of health services
- In liaison with the health officer, offering appropriate first aid support .
- Taking part in implementation fire drills, crime prevention and health & safety awareness initiatives
- Responding to on–site emergencies (burst pipes, broken windows, burglaries, locked out of rooms etc.)
- Maintaining accurate records and writing reports to help to identify trends that may require action.
- To coordinate with the management for framing policies, rules and regulations.
- To perform any other responsibility assigned by the management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A Bachelor’s degree in any Social Science
- Have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be computer proficient (MS Office)
- Have excellent report writing skills.
- Be mature, works well under pressure and able to multitask.
- Have excellent negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Minimum one years experience in Student Affairs Department or working with the youth.