Human Resource Coordinator At Nairobi Waldorf School
Human Resource Coordinator At Nairobi Waldorf School 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The 1st Steiner-Waldorf Kindergarten opened in 1998… …in a small house along the Magadi Road on the outskirts of Nairobi. It was led by 3 teachers from Germany (Florian, Vojko and Irmgard). The following year the school moved to Mbagathi extending the kindergarten to a 1st Grade primary class. The Mbagathi Steiner school continues to run successfully; now a fully fledged kindergarten and primary school known as the Rudolf Steiner School, Mbagathi, transitioning their children successfully into Kenyan Curriculum Secondary schools. In 1994 a new Waldorf Kindergarten opened its doors in a beautiful residential suburb – the Kileleshwa Kindergarten. This was initiated by a group of parents who had been impressed by the Mbagathi kindergarten but needed something in a more central area. As the new millennium approached, another parent group around a core of Kileleshwa parents, now more familiar with the Waldorf philosophy and its practical results, felt a great need to continue the initiative into the primary level.
Reporting To: The School Manager
Job Purpose: Leading the development and implementation of NWST Human Resource strategy, policies, and procedures to achieve School Mission and Vision
Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of human resource strategy and alignment with the overall School’s strategic plan.
- Formulating and ensuring implementation and continuous adherence to Human Resource policies and procedures through adoption of best HR practices in line with legal framework and strategic plan.
- Planning & ensuring the availability of human resources for current and future school needs through recruitment in line with the approved budget.
- Leading and managing Employee Relations to deliver harmonious work relations and a safe and secure work environment in line with local, international standards and legislative guidelines.
- Implementing service quality, customer excellence and change initiatives to achieve required school performance and culture.
- Designing, developing, and implementing a people compensation and benefits strategy to attract and retain a motivated workforce aligned to the overall strategic plan.
- Leading in the preparation, analysis & management of HR reports and presentation to the board and management for decision making.
- Responsible for talent management in all departments including coaching, mentoring, developing, motivating, training and evaluating staff to achieve highest levels of performance.
- Identifying & recommending best practices for innovation to ensure new & improved processes, procedures and methodologies.
The individual will work in liaison with (Internally) the Board, School Manager, Pedagogical Team, Heads of Departments, Staff and (Externally) Regulatory bodies.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related subjects
- Certified Human Resource Management Professional (CHRP)
- Higher Diploma in HRM
- A Practicing Certificate
- Full Membership to a Professional Body (IHRM)
- At least 7 years of relevant experience
- Excellent Communication and customer service skills
- Computer literate
- Ethical, Respectful, passionate and transformational
- Ability to formulate and implement the HR strategy
- Decisive, analytical and able to manage change, talent and solve problems
- Leadership skills and the ability to coach and mentor
- Ability to design and implement performance systems
- Employee and Industrial Relations skills
- Trends and diversity management skills
- Ability to manage information
- Service Delivery and 3rd Party management
Closing Date : 7th May, 2021