Human Resources And Administration Assistant – Usaid Stawisha Pwani At Center For International Forestry Research (cifor)
Human Resources And Administration Assistant – Usaid Stawisha Pwani At Center For International Forestry Research (cifor) 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaounde, Cameroon.
Project: USAID Stawisha Pwani
Reports to: Human Resources and Administration Specialist
The Human Resource and Administration Assistant will support in day-to-day administration and Human resource tasks. He/she will report to the Human Resources and Administration Specialist and will ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the office, and support the work of management and other project staff.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Respond to general physical and phone inquiries in a professional and courteous manner
- Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff members
- Reply to general information requests with the accurate information
2. Recruitment and orientation
- Prepare interview documents
- Prepare orientation documents and organize for orientation meetings for new employees
- Coordinate with insurance company for staff enrolment (GPA/Medical)
3. Staff Records Management
- Ensure all staff files are complete in accordance with institutional policies
- Ensure all statutory documents/policies are signed and recorded in staff files
- Maintain staff files (both hard and soft copy)
- Update staff lists on a monthly basis as required
- Maintain staff leave records
4. Office Administration
- Sort incoming mail and courier deliveries for distribution
- Prepare and send outgoing mail, and courier parcels
- Forward incoming general e-mails and calls to the appropriate staff member
- Purchase, receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available
- Code and file material according to the established procedures
- Update and ensure the accuracy of the organization’s databases
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other project staff
- Make travel/flight bookings, meeting and other arrangements for various project staff
- Co-ordinate the maintenance of office equipment. i.e. printers
- Maintaining a proper filling system according to established records management procedures
- Receiving the approved requisitions and checking if it’s of the right specifications as directed by the user requirements
- Process accounts payable ensuring timeliness and accuracy of information
- Assist with proper documentation and maintenance of all supply documents including invoices and delivery note awaiting payment
- Preparations of various information/ reports as may be requested
6. HR Reporting
- Consolidate HR reports
- Prepare monthly payroll changes
7. Hotel and flight bookings
- Make hotel bookings for guests and meetings as required
- Coordinate the booking of tickets for staff travelling
- Working with taxi company to organize for airport transfers etc.
- Degree in Human Resource Management.
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- 2-3 years of working experience in a similar capacity.
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with everyone in the team.
- Good report writing and analytical skills.
- Highly organized and attention to details.
- Knowledge of basic MS Office (email, spread-sheets, word, job-related software, etc.).
- Teamwork and participation.
- Must be a member of IHRM.