Human Resources Assistant Intern At The United Nations Office At Nairobi
Human Resources Assistant Intern At The United Nations Office At Nairobi 10 PositionsEmploi Recruitment
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual's background; the intern's assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the supervision of the Chief, Talent Acquisition Unit and delegated Human Resources Assistants, the intern will:
- Assist in the administration of Talent Acquisition activities including recruitment of staff and non-staff.
- Assist in the evaluation and screening of applications from consultants and individual contractors.
- Assist in the evaluation and screening of applications for job openings in accordance with the evaluation criteria in the job opening.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing job openings for posting.
- Assist in sorting out application letters, respond to offline application and unsolicited mail in their respective folders.
- Assist the team on ad hoc basis to complete urgent tasks including routine tasks.
- Assist in conducting HR data analytics and development of an online data dissemination platform.
- Assist in job classification processes.
- Assist in various surveys undertaken by Talent Management Centre.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
a. Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
b. Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent);
c. Have graduated with Bachelor's degree, Masters, PhD or equivalent
Be computer literate in standard software applications.
Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Preferred area of study:
Bachelor or Master degree in Human Resources, Statistics, Business Administration or related area.
No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship position, fluency in English is required
Vacancies in Human ResourcesView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.