Job Opportunities At Office Of The Controller Of Budget (ocob)
Job Opportunities At Office Of The Controller Of Budget (ocob) 1 PositionOffice of the Controller of Budget
The Office of the Controller of Budget (OCOB) was established by the Constitution of Kenya 2010, under Article 228 and became operational upon the appointment of the Controller of budget on 27th August 2011.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager Human Resource and Administration, this position is responsible for implementation of HR and administration policies, systems and procedures and for management of OCOB’s fleet of motor vehicles in accordance with Government transport regulations and maintaining them for safe staff usage.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, Accounting, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized university;
- 3 years relevant work experience.
- Develop and review of transport management policies and procedures and advise/sensitise staff on the same;
- Oversee the coordination of driver’s routine daily errands to ensure smooth flow of transport service;
- Oversee preparation of fuel/ vehicle recharge reports and do a follow up with Finance & Accounts department to ensure the amount is credited in the transport account;
- Monitoring the service providers to ensure that they provide efficient services and maintain good standards of the vehicles and do follow up on the renewal of their contracts and oversee the payment of their invoices;
- Prepare transport unit’s annual budget estimates;
- Carry out performance evaluation for the drivers and transport assistant Monitor vehicle movements, track fuel usage and consumption rates and prepare monthly reports;
- Manages the organization’s physical assets by ensuring proper maintenance and safety/security of OCOB equipment’s, furniture and other fixed assets;
- Review and implement workplace health and safety procedures;
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the Assistant Manager, HR & Administration from time to time.