Job Opportunities At Thunes
Job Opportunities At Thunes 1 PositionTHUNES
Senior Compliance Officer, Nairobi
At Thunes we made it our mission and we work 24/7/365 to solve one of the world’s most pressing problems: making financial services global and accessible to everyone. We are currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
We are looking for a Senior Compliance Officer to join our team in Nairobi to lead the compliance function in East Africa. This role will partner with legal, sales and product teams in London, New York City, Singapore and the rest of the world.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to work on an international stage, alongside household names, and join a rapidly growing FinTech company making a real impact on the lives of people in developed and emerging markets alike.
The role will report to the Head of Legal & Compliance based in London. Some international travel required (20%).
- Scrutinise and contribute to existing policies and test that they are robust, customer friendly and adequate under applicable regulations, by internal review and working with external reviewers and ensuring any audit findings are addressed
- Coordinate compliance needs to accompany the business expansion in Africa notably working on pending Partner Due Diligence in the region
- Support the Global Partner Audit team in the region
- Build a local Compliance team as the activity grows
- Communicate and train relevant teams on compliance requirements
- Manage compliance relationships with our African partners
- Identify, track and escalate regulatory risks throughout the business in Africa
- Spend time working alongside the operational teams in London, Singapore and New York to reflect the local regulatory specificities in the Global Compliance Program
- Expert in AML and regulatory compliance (CDD/KYC processes, EDD, transaction monitoring, sanctions) for a FinTech/Mobile Wallet/Payment/E-Money company
- Experience in building/auditing AML/CTF framework
- Able to support the development of new financial product and services
- Sense of urgency/ability to work well under pressure, different priorities and tight deadlines.
- Experience working with international counter-parties
- Proficiency in French