Key Accounts & Institutions Manager At Human Capital Synergies Africa Ltd
Key Accounts & Institutions Manager At Human Capital Synergies Africa Ltd 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Human Capital Synergies (HCS) Africa is a Nairobi (Kenya) based, human resources professional services provider. Its two Directors, Ms. Veronica Anam and Ms Njoki Mwihia jointly hold over 40 years of combined experience working in the United States and various African countries. Their joint experiences encompass a range of human resources facets as well as general administration and communications. HCS Africa’s primary target market includes small and medium entrepreneurs and non-governmental organizations spanning the African continent. Its secondary target markets comprise large organizations, government departments, parastatals and multinationals that we service jointly through our local, regional and global strategic preferred partners and alliances.
Our client, a well-established company in the FMCG sector and with a long track record in Kenya and overseas Markets, is seeking to recruit a highly competent and outstanding Key Accounts & Institutions Manager to develop and implement key Account plans in accordance to the trade and distribution strategy.
Reports to: Head of Sales and Distribution
Direct Reports: Key Account Reps
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure achievement of volume/brand mix targets, availability, visibility, quality and customer price targets within the Key Accounts.
- Identify, maintain and grow market share in the respective area of operation
- Assist the head of sales and distribution in the implementations of the overall sales and distribution strategies.
- Ensure effective management of the distributors and wholesalers of the respective area of operation.
- Develop and execute respective area of operational plan with recommendations of trade programmes/promotions in line with the general sales and distribution strategies ensuring the creation and maintenance of a competitive advantage against competitors.
- Coordinate and share knowledge and information with other inside/outside sales associates for the benefit of the customer and the company to grow the business based on increased market share and developing new products
- Maintain tight budgetary control over and strict adherence to credit terms respective areas of operation.
- Ensure proper company policies and procedures are followed in relation to identification and resolution of cash and stock shortage discrepancies by the area team.
- Being the point contact person to priority customers and resolving any issues they might have.
- Manage and ensure proper utilization of area company assets and materials
- Monitoring and collection of market intelligence to closely liaise with the marketing teams on brand campaigns.
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the supervisor within the scope of the position
Key Result Areas:
The accountability areas are as follows;
- Maintain and/or grow key accounts under supervision by customer action anticipation
- Strategic implementation of sales and distribution plans
- Effective business partner to the company and customer
- Development of key accounts relationships
Key Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field, preferably in marketing.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing/CIM
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a similar position in FMCG industry with demonstrated understanding of Key Accounts operations and dealing with multiple products.
- Self-driven with the ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, team player, good communicator, and good negotiation and influencing skills.
- A valid Kenyan driving licence with driving experience.