Latest Job Opportunity At Kemri-wellcome Trust Research Programme (kwtrp). Apply!!
Latest Job Opportunity At Kemri-wellcome Trust Research Programme (kwtrp). Apply!! 1 PositionKEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP)
Clinical Officer -COPCOV at KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP)
The KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is based within the KEMRI Centre for Geographic Medical Research – (Coast). Our core activities are funded by the Wellcome Trust. We conduct integrated epidemiological, social, laboratory and clinical research in parallel, with results feeding into local and international health policy. Our research platforms include state-of-the-art laboratories, a demographic surveillance system covering a quarter of a million residents, partnership with Kilifi County Hospital in health care and hospital surveillance, a clinical trials facility, a vibrant community engagement programme and a dedicated training facility. The KWTRP leadership includes the Executive Director Philip Bejon, the KEMRI Centre Director Benjamin Tsofa, the Ag. Nairobi Programme director Mike English and the Chief Operating Officer Catherine Kenyatta.
Reference Number: CO-COPCOV-131020
To provide clinical care to study participants, supervise staff and carry out study related procedures to achieve the study objectives. The clinical officer will assist in the conduct of the Copcov trial.
Locations: This position will be based at the Mbagathi County Hospital in Nairobi
Duration: 9 months, not renewable as the trial is expected to have been completed within this time frame
REPORTS TO: The study MO and the study PI or designee.
DIRECT REPORTS: None
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: No budget responsibilities.
This job involves working within a multi-disciplinary research team to ensure optimal clinical care to study participants. The post-holder will also conduct study related assessments and procedures while ensuring strict adherence to the study protocol. The post-holder will be expected to supervise staff, conduct study related procedures, provide necessary clinical care to participants and conduct quality control checks on study documentation/ clinical procedures.
It requires a clear understanding of the study protocol and the ability to interpret and apply standard operating procedures as well as develop standard operating procedures in accordance with the standard of practice or the study protocol when required. It involves supervision and guidance to other study staff on clinical matters, study procedures and requirements. It involves performing quality control checks on CRFs and source documents, answering data queries, and other activities to ensure day to day running of the health clinics in which the study staff will be based. It may involve overseeing the correct storage and use study medications.
The trial is being conducted at several sites in Kenya and the post holder may be required to travel to other sites for brief durations (transport will be provided by the study team)
- Provide clinical care to research participants (Health Care Workers)
- Maintain study documentation, adhering to Good Documentation Practice.
- Supervise study staff and conduct study activities according to the protocol and standard operating procedures, including reviewing clinical source documents, completing clinical assessment questionnaires, post-procedure monitoring and documentation and follow-up assessments of participants.
- Carry out specimen collection procedures in strict adherence to the study protocol and standard operating procedures.
- Assist in the consenting and recruitment of study participants.
- Assist in maintaining study participants’ documentation and performing clinical procedures under the guidance of the study MO when required to do so.
- Attend and participate in study related trainings and taking up the responsibility of ensuring that your training is up to date as per the training logs.
- Attend clinical skills training and updates when required to.
- Attend and participate in study related meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by to them by the study MO or Principal Investigator.
- The post holders may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key roles and responsibilities and as may be assigned by the study medical officer and/or the PI.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Registered with the Clinical Officers Council of Kenya
- Ability to lead, supervise and work within in a team
- Use of Windows, Microsoft Office software
- Previous experience in clinical research
- Previous experience in vaccine trials
- Recent clinical experience in pediatric care
- GCP training
- Demonstrable excellent communication and leadership skills
- Demonstrable excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team, prioritize, set and meet objectives.
This position will be based at the Mbagathi County Hospital in Nairobi
Do you want to increase your chances of landing this job? Request for CV editing today!