Latest Recruitment At Multichoice Kenya
Latest Recruitment At Multichoice Kenya 1 PositionMultichoice Kenya
Head of Productions
MultiChoice South Africa's activities involve the operation of Pay-Television and internet subscriber platforms. The MultiChoice South Africa group includes the digital satellite Pay-Television business ("DStv"), which has been in operation since 1995.
Strategy Formulation and Execution
- Play a key role in developing and/or commissioning local content for Maisha Magic East & South
- Implement strategic production of content for the channels and increase audience figures
- Prepare and present viable content proposals
- Pioneer new formats and innovation in content creation
- Ensure commissioned content achieves set ratings
- Review audience ratings and provide contingency plans where required
- Continuously manage trends and/or new competitors in the marketplace
- Lead and supervise commissioned producers by consistently monitoring, guiding, and enhancing the achievement of highest professional and ethical standards in their work
- Implement agreed TV entertainment production plans as informed by use of market audience research, competitive analysis and trends;
- Play a key role in the conceptualization, formulation, development and execution of local production oriented content and content adaptability;
- Develop and establish effective systems, procedures and standards of performance for commissioned producers;
- Participate, advise on and consult in the preparation of annual Production budget formulation process
- Creative conceptualization & ensuring adherence to standards in all productions
- Effective Planning & organization of all TV production schedules and processes
- Assessing project and resources requirements, sourcing, negotiating and drawing up of accurate budgets and timelines with clients and external suppliers
- Effective production budgeting and budget control
- Ensure that programmes are produced to the highest standard and are cost-effective.
- Manage all productions houses strictly to contractual deliverables and ensure all contracts agreements are signed prior to production
- Manage budget and contracts for all productions
- Approve scripts and shooting schedules for all programmes.
- View and give editorial input on all programmes at online and offline stage.
- Approve all final programmes for broadcast
- Lead editorial for programmes, ensuring that programmes satisfy M-Net editorial standards
- Ensure producers deliver programs and promotional material as per agreed schedule
- Ensure content is delivered on time for multiplatform
- Ensure a competitive cost per episode for each production house
- Monitor line item (Producer, Director, Script, Overhead, talents, Insurance) is within agreed budget
- Ensure compilation of variance reports from production house on expenditure
- Ensure monthly instalment paid has corresponding ancillary documents delivered
Risk Management & Compliance
- Ensure appropriate financial support is provided by Finance on high financial risk/complex productions and/or across a portfolio of productions.
- All episodes and promos are considered against NBC standards and assessed for risk within target audience
- Establish and maintain effective relationship with Independent Producers
- Foster and develop strong relationship with production companies and sponsors
- Regular follow up and feedback with critical business partners
- Manage a team of commissioning members to ensure effective delivery of business unit objectives.
- Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching. Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
- Determine and analyse development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
- Create effective workforce and recruitment demand plans to ensure that current and future business requirements can be met.
- Motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognised