Ongoing Recruitment At International Planned Parenthood Federation (ippf). Apply!!
Ongoing Recruitment At International Planned Parenthood Federation (ippf). Apply!! 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Administration and Human Resources Manager at International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF)
IPPF is a global service provider and a leading advocate of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) for all. We are a world-wide movement of national organisations working with and for communities and individuals. The purpose of this job is to contribute to IPPF’s global technical leadership in quality comprehensive service delivery (including HIV and abortion). By showcasing innovative and successful approaches from Member Associations within the Federation and to donors, taking lessons from other organisations and emerging best practice this post holder shall contribute to advancing the SRHR community. As a catalyst for technical centres, and hubs they will build upon our internal capital for the benefit of the Federation as a whole.
Responsible to: Head of Regional Director’s Office
Department: Regional Director Office (RDO)
The Administration and Human Resources Manager is primarily responsible for providing professional HR technical support and advice to Senior Management, Departments, Units and MAs on human resources and administration in line with the ARO HR and organisational development strategy.
Under the general supervision of the Head of the Regional Director’s office, the incumbent is responsible for the following duties:
- Participates in the organisation planning process cycle and plays a critical role in determining the staffing requirements and structures
- Advises the Senior Management Team (SMT) on emerging capacity gaps in accordance with the evolution of the mandate of the organisation
- Advises the SMT on workforce planning, including implementation of succession planning and forecasting of human resources requirements during the strategic cycle
- In coordination with all ARO departments, develops coherent human resources strategies to support the implementation of the organisation’s mandate including recruitment and deployment plans
- He/she is also responsible for assessment of the workforce per function, skill, level, category, occupational group, gender and geography and for identifying the gaps and determining actions to respond to needs taking into account existing vacancies, projected changes due to retirements, end of projects or other departures from the organisation
- Advises SMT on the implementation of Organization-wide change and culture initiatives especially those that may have an impact on the organisational structure and human resources
- Reviews and advises the SMT that the HR policies, procedures and systems are aligned with the national laws and IPPF policies and strategic direction of the organisation; ensures their continued relevance
- Serves as secretary of SMT meetings and is responsible preparing and circulated their minutes.
- Participates in the ARO budget development process and provides guidance and advice to the Senior Management Team on the human resources requirements, staffing table and organizational structure of all sections based on the guidelines of the annual budget reviews
- Ensures that expenditures related to staffing are within the budgeted staffing costs, and coordinates with the Operations department to ensure availability of funds
- Ensures the integrity of the staffing table as approved in the budget without discrepancy in departments and locations
- Advises hiring managers on loaning of posts between regional offices or departments and movement of posts and staff between locations according to projects or strategies
- Participates in the development of restricted project proposals and ensure salaries, benefits and related compensations are aligned with IPPF ARO policies and national laws
- Recruitment and staff selection
- Manages the selection and appointment process of highly competent candidates by advising managers on organizational policies and SOPs on the staff selection process, and ensuring compliance and required level of skills to conduct and document competency-based interviews for specific job openings, if required
- Facilitates the participation in expert panels to evaluate applicants for job openings
- Manages recruitment and selection related process in a transparent, consistent, merit-based and fair manner, complying with policies related to gender balance, geographic diversity, as well as enhancing both the management and staff awareness of these policies
- Develops new job descriptions in close collaboration with ARO departments, advertises them and guides managers on the selection process in line with IPPF ARO staff rules and regulations.
Human Resources Management
- Advises and communicates to Senior Management and staff on Human Resources policies and practices and provides direction and coherence to all HR activities and systems of the organisation
- Supervises the process of knowledge/awareness building among programme managers, senior management and staff members with regard to the staff rules and regulations, and related guidelines in the administration of entitlements and their strict application by the HR Section, including consistent implementation of delegated authority
- Provides direction and advice on interpretation and application of policies, staff regulations and rules
- Works closely with Security Advisor to ensure a safe and healthy working environment; to ensure that all staff strictly observe IPPFARO Health and Safety regulations and in particular the protocol with respect to fire outbreaks and/or other emergencies and to take measures by amongst other things, alerting the Unit of observations made in respect of conditions rendering the office environment unsafe
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of related guidelines, HR rules, regulations practices and procedures, and recommends revisions, where necessary
- Represents Senior Mission Management on a variety of joint staff-management advisory bodies, as appropriate
- Serves as primary interface regarding cross-cutting HR issues between ARO and the rest of the Secretariat
- Works with government authorities to get the status of non-local staff formalised (work permits and re-entry permits)
- Implements ARO’s policy and procedures on staff insurance, pension scheme, medical and other staff welfare benefits; to ensure that procedures in respect of termination the contractual relationship between ARO and staff are followed including the conducting of exit interviews
- Provides administrative support to the Operations department in the preparation of staff payroll
- Plays a proactive role of open communications, advisory services, and collaborative problem resolution
- Periodically conducts surveys of remuneration and benefits packages and recommend reviews thereof to ensure that IPPFARO remains a competitive employer
- Supports the SMT in the relocation of staff to different countries and ensure respect of IPPF rules and procedures.
- Supports ARO in the implementation of the performance appraisal system and monitors its compliance, providing guidance and substantive support departments on standards for the development of individual work plans
- Coordinates the training and orientation programs of new staff and ensure that they understand the performance appraisal system and its management
- Counsels staff and managers in cases of under-performance and facilitates the implementation of a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) or other remedial measures, when required.
- Advises on training opportunities for HR staff as well as staff in general giving particular attention to developing and implementing career development paths for all staff members
- Provides regular information on global vacancies and opportunities
- Develops and implements orientation strategy for newly recruited staff to understand and subscribe to IPPF policies, strategies, systems and processes
- Leads and coordinate staff development including in the development of an annual training plan based on a training needs analysis and learning needs from the Performance management.
- Continuously assesses the skill, expertise and knowledge of the unit ensuring participation of human resources staff in relevant training programmes and designing individual on-the-job and group training programmes on specific subject matters in the area of human resources management, including in the use of HR IT systems (expense reports, performance appraisal system, ERP, etc).
- Supports IPPFARO management to maintain a workplace environment that is friendly and conducive to staff growth and development
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with all members of staff, and contacts both within and outside the Federation
- Maintains personnel files system with built-in measures to ensure the safety and security of these confidential records to protect the privacy of staff members.
- Ensures the office culture is aligned with IPPF vision, mission and values
- Develops training programs and policies, roll them out and evaluate them on organisational culture change with a few to eradicate discrimination, racism and individual bias in the culture of the organisation
- Promotes diversity, integrity and respect in the workplace
- Ensures gender is effectively mainstreamed within the remit of the post and in line with IPPF Gender Equality Policy
- Develops training programs to enhance teamwork, team building and a safe working environment in IPPFARO
- Monitors progress and change and regularly reports on gaps and needed improvements.
Administration of Justice
- In coordination with interested parties such as the Staff Association, addresses and mitigates staff grievances with the purpose of resolving them at the lowest practical level
- Develops preventive activities such as training and sharing best practices and jurisprudence related to human resources management
- Manages safeguarding issues in close collaboration with the Head of Operations and the Strategy, Organizational Development and Governance department.
Staff and Management Relations
- Develops an “open door” dialogue between the management and staff to discuss HR matters and related staff issues
- Meets frequently with staff representatives of the staff association to address issues affecting staff and coordinates meeting between staff representatives and the SMT
- Organizes, as necessary, general or specific meetings for the staff on issues such as HR aspects of the organisations, the status of organisational change and reforms and change management initiatives.
- Develops a set of actionable and targeted change management plans, including coaching and training in order to implement the above responsibilities; reports on possible gaps and risks and recommends corrective actions
- Develops a communication strategy with a dedicated intranet page on HR issues and regular formal and informal meetings
- Maintains constant dialogue with the Head of Operations to deal with salary reviews and other issues linked to staff costs, entitlements and benefits
- In consultation with the Security Advisor, develops the ARO’s response to a natural disaster/incident with focus on anticipating, planning and coordinating the overall HR response
- In consultation with the Head of Operations and Supervisor, contributes to the development of contingency and business continuity plan for the Africa Regional Office
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested by the supervisor.
PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of all aspects of human resources management with proven analytical skills; Demonstrated use of initiative and ability to interpret the Organization’s HR policies, procedures and practices and ability to apply them in an organizational setting. Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations. Shows pride in work and achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; Identifies priority activities and assignments and adjusts priorities as required; Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; Uses time efficiently.
LEADERSHIP: Serves as a role model that other people want to follow: empowers others to translate vision into results; is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives; establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support; anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions; drives for change and improvements; does not accept the status quo; shows the courage to take unpopular stands. Provides leadership and takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work; demonstrates knowledge of strategies and commitment to the goal of gender balance in staffing.
TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
JUDGEMENT/DECISION-MAKING: Identifies the key issues in a complex situation, and comes to the heart of the problem quickly; Gathers relevant information before making a decision; Considers positive and negative impacts of decisions prior to making them; Takes decisions with an eye to the impact on others and on the Organization; Proposes a course of action or makes a recommendation based on all available information; Checks assumptions against facts; Determines that the actions proposed will satisfy the expressed and underlying needs for the decision; Makes tough decisions when necessary.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in human resources management, business or public administration, social sciences, education or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, administration or a related area is required
- A Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Human Resources Management and preferably in a large and complex international humanitarian and/or development organisation
- Experience in providing strategic human resource guidance to senior management is required
- Experience in the operational application of human resources management policies and practices is required
- Experience in staff selection, talent management, and the administration of benefits and entitlements is required
- Experience in organizational development
- Experience in the use of a People soft based human resources platform is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of IPPF ARO. For the position advertised, fluency in English and French (both spoken and written are required). Knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
- Subscribe to IPPF’s Policies, Mission, Vision, and values and IPPFAR’s procedures, rules and regulations
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Good IT skills.
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment
- Willing to work outside standard office hours as required
- Willing to travel internationally – about 30 days a year.
Do you want to increase your chances of landing this job? Request for CV editing today!