Online Journalism Training Modules Writers At Bbc Media Action
Online Journalism Training Modules Writers At Bbc Media Action 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
BBC Media Action is the BBC’s international charity. In a world where media can be divisive and untrustworthy, we believe in the power of media and communication to do good. Our work reaches millions of people facing insecurity, inequality and poverty with information they can trust.
BBC Media Action is currently implementing a capacity strengthening project for journalists working across East Africa which aims to improve their understanding of climate change and their technical and editorial capacity to produce accurate, contextually relevant, balanced, impartial and credible climate change stories. The project will aim to do this by creating an online training courses.
BBC Media Action is seeking module writers to write the online course on one of the subjects in Annex I. You will be responsible for ensuring that each component of the course material is written and is presented in an effective and engaging manner. You will produce a rigorous plan and be responsible for sourcing all the required material and resources for each module. Working closely with the project team, you will develop a realistic delivery schedule and make sure deadlines are met and that the standard of work remains high and meets project aims. All modules will be in line with BBC’s Editorial Guidelines found here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/editorialguidelines/
- Develop a plan for the course, including sequencing of content, determining the scope of educational material required and identifying the learning objectives;
- Responsible for the layout and writing of the course, working with the project team to ensure it remains relevant to contexts of where the training is taking place and that it is meeting the objectives of the project;
- Write any supporting (downloadable) resources that are necessary;
- Responsible for any updates, changes and rewrites up to delivery;
- Select appropriate external resources and any other material for the course;
- Identify and communicate any potential issues in good time and working with the project team to help resolve them.
- Profile of writers:
Module writers applying for this call will:
- Have at least five years’ experience in media or journalism.
- Have extensive experience as a trainer in one or more of the areas under Annex I below; experience designing and producing online training modules an advantage.
- Have a thorough understanding of journalism ethics. Familiarity with BBC Editorial Values is an advantage.
- Journalism ethics. Familiarity with BBC Editorial Values is an advantage.
Closing Date : 3rd June, 2021