Open Career Opportunity At Smile Communications. Apply!!
Open Career Opportunity At Smile Communications. Apply!! 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Job Title: Head of Network
Reports: Country Manager on daily basis and technical aspect to Group CTO
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Dar es Salaam
Who we are:
Smile Communications provides 4G LTE mobile broadband in several countries in Africa. Our objective is to become the broadband provider of choice for SuperFast mobile broadband and Super Clear voice services in each of our markets and to provide over 300 million potential customers in our countries of operation with a fast, reliable and high-quality broadband service to accelerate development and wealth creation. Our mission is a fully connected Africa enabled by a team that is driven by passion, believing everything is possible when done with integrity, humility, humanity and with fun and energy.
To continue the expansion of our successful sales operations in Tanzania, we’re keen to meet enthusiastic, ambitious and hardworking people to help us to reach and exceed our high targets.
Is to ensure that Smile network in Tanzania is fully optimised and operational 24/7/365
- Developing and improving on Operations and Maintenance procedures and practices.
- Performing constant Network and Equipment audits on all Tanzania operational network:
- Including but not limited to LTE Network, Transmission Network, ISP networks Fixed broadband services and IT networks;
- Operational processes and improvements in the processes.
- Performance Monitoring and Benchmarking of the network:
- Creating, measuring, reporting and managing network key performance indicators (KPIs) per weekly or daily basis;
- Analysing the performance data and implementing solutions with the Group teams to improve performance;
- Monitor upgrades and changes in relation to network operational performance;
- Sharing Best practices across the Smile OpCo teams to improve network performance in all OpCos;
- All technical aspects including but not limited to IP interconnect, Voice interconnection, site rentals and co-locations etc.
- Network operations Management including :
- Tracking the resolution of major/ critical events and resolving the problems quickly with the
- OEM suppliers as per the SLA;
- Troubleshooting, Optimising and fault clearance
- KPI management and fault tracking
- Tracking escalations and SLA violations by OEM vendors and making improvements in the
- processes to prevent repeated SLA violations;
- CAPEX optimisation by verification of installed base with respect to volume of traffic it carries;
- Providing technical direction, support and leadership to the Network and IT operations Team at the same time managing the team performance;
- Management of key Network and IT projects including:
- Management of the rollout of the Network, IT and communications infrastructure of the company within the project timelines and costs;
- Delivery and the management of active and passive infrastructure.
- RFP and RFQ preparations and validation with the Smile Group
- Management of Network rollout and Network expansions
- Contract preparation and negotiations
- Management of outsourced vendors
- Network CAPEX and OPEX management
- Management of all technical interactions and discussions with government organizations and technical vendors
- Planning, design and optimisation of the operations of Network and IT services for all in-country operations, as per the budget through the selection and appointment of local contractors and vendors with consultation with the Group Design teams
- Provide any other and ad hoc duties assigned from time to time by the CTO as appointed by the company
Qualifications and Experience
A Degree in Electrical / Electronic / Computer Engineering / Computer Science / Information Systems from a recognised academic institution
- 5-7 years of work experience in Network operations in a large mobile operator;
- 4-5 years of work experience in LTE Radio;
- 4-5 years of work experience in LTE Core (MME, S/P-GW) or LTE support Network (HSS, OCS, PCRF, etc.);
- 3-4 years of work experience in IP transport , ISP or Microwave Networks;
- 2-3 years of work experience in IP-based voice services or VoLTE;1-2 years of work experience in Lawful Interception and Network security
Vacancies in IT & TelecomsView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.