Operations Director - Telecom
Operations Director - Telecom 1 PositionREEDS AFRICA CONSULT LIMITED
Our client a leading Telecommunication firm in East Africa is looking to hire an Operations Director.
Reports to; Country Managing Director
Job Location; Nairobi
The ideal candidate will be in charge of all technical services supporting supply and installation (maintenance, QHSE,quality, etc.)
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with executive-level management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans.
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration
- Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity
- Devise strategies to ensure growth, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs.
- Ensure the development of the technical know-how of the company: modernity of process or means of production, capital gain and competitiveness compared to the competitors…,
- Lead and coordinate on sites installation technical activities, servicing, maintenance, logistics with the CMD of the subsidiary.
- Develop implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives
- Clearly define the expectations for purchase of pieces/sub-assemblies, according to criteria of cost and quality,
- In connection with the Purchasing Department, select the main suppliers of the
company and validate the technical adequacy of their products in regards with the installation targets,
- Carry out or commission the necessary investments to improve installation means :optimization of installation means, process improvement, implementation of new
products/services, recruitment, training of installation teams…
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- Bachelors degree in Business management, IT or any related field
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in Fiber Technology, either through education (Technical degree) or experience have worked in the Telecommunication industry
- 8+ years senior leadership role in the appropriate field
- Must be able to recruit and manage technical teams
- Able to understand business KPI
- Fluent in English/French