Oracle Database Administrator At Kcb Bank Group
Oracle Database Administrator At Kcb Bank Group 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The role holder will provide expertise required for planning, implementation, and operations of KCBs Oracle Database Systems. The environment is composed of a large number of Oracle databases running on Oracle Engineered Systems that support mission critical business services.
- Responsible for support of Oracle database systems including but not limited to availability, performance, and reliability of database systems.
- Responsible for interfacing with application development teams to ensure applications fit within the Oracle database systems with scalability, reliability and security designed and implemented from the onset.
- Perform database performance analysis, tuning, capacity planning, system sizing and ongoing maintenance to ensure maximum performance.
- Implement database backup and recovery strategies that meet KCB’s recovery and availability requirements.
- Setup and document database related processes and procedures for Business Continuity.
- Recommend best practices and ensure they are implemented and incorporated into DBA procedures.
- Diagnose and solve complex problems including non-functional problems such as performance issues with Oracle Engineered Systems by identifying workarounds and driving resolution.
- Provide technical guidance for design, development, integration and testing of production Oracle databases.
- Responsible for ensuring conformance to security standards for all Oracle databases.
- Design BCP and HA solutions for Oracle database systems in order to achieve required uptime SLA for mission critical applications.
To be considered for the role, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 10 years’ progressive experience in Information Technology with at least 7 years’ experience in database management in environments with Oracle RAC, Dataguard, RMAN and Exadata Engineered Systems.
- Certification in Oracle – Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) is required; Oracle Certified Master (OCM) is
- Experience in Opensource SQL database (MySQL/Maria DB, PostgreSQL) an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Vacancies in IT & TelecomsView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.