People Operations Associate At Andela
People Operations Associate At Andela 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Andela provides companies with access to the top 1% of global tech talent. We identify high-potential developers on the African continent, shape them into world-class technical leaders, and pair them with companies as full-time, distributed team members. Accelerate your product roadmap while minimizing time spent interviewing, on-boarding, and training new hires. Andela is backed by investors including Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV, Spark Capital, Omidyar Network, Susa Ventures, Steve Case, Founder Collective, Learn Capital and more.
About the Role:
Andela is seeking a People Operations Associate to work with the People team to build our organizational capacity and ensure we are creating an environment in which our staff can realize their full potential. To be successful in this role, the right candidate will bring knowledge and experience in providing People generalist support for Andela across key functional areas, including employee relations and engagement, onboarding, operations and HRIS expertise.
Service Delivery & Information
- Coordinate all People Team requests made through the People helpdesk.
- Ensure day-to-day operations of People-related functions are addressed in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner. The objective is to deliver transactions in alignment with agreed HR service standards specifications. Maintain a response timeline in line with our Helpdesk SLAs.
- Manage the collection of all employee documentation and ensure that they are adequately filed for background checks and audit reviews.
- Coordinate and manage all activities relating to employee background/ reference checks.
- Ensure that employee folders are up to date with the relevant employee documentations.
- Data Integrity: ensure data integrity of all onboarding document from new hires.
- Coordinate and ensure that all pre-onboarding tasks are effectively executed with little or no blockers to employee induction.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to ensure that employee welcome packs and documentation are ready before onsite onboarding commences.
- Create and update an onboarding process document to guide the on-boarding process of new hires.
- Manage the onboarding of new hires to ensure a seamless integration and optimise new hire productivity. Maintain an on-boarding rating of 8/10.
- Run 30, 60 and 90 day check-ins for new hires and use this data to enhance the onboarding process from time to time. Maintain a satisfaction rating of 7/10 for each check-in period.
- Collaborate with global onboarding leads in the drafting and creation of the Andela global onboarding processes, templates and presentation decks.
- Identify process improvements regarding onboarding at least once bi-annually.
Support and propose suggestions that would improve employee engagement within the organisation.
- Support and own the processes regarding the Andela Counselling and Psychological Services (ACAPS).
General People Team support
- Drawing up necessary employee letters; e.g. promotion etc.
- Proofread HR documents including audits, marketing information, and handbooks.
- Handling the printing and scanning of People and employee documents into the People Team drive.
- Handle other tasks as directed by the People Manager (Ops).
- BS/BA degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good understanding of office management procedures.
- Critical thinking, analytical mindset and problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of Google suite.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Accurately enter and retrieve data and information using the available work tools.
- Working knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g. Labor/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them to Andela.
- Ability to intervene with all levels of staff, partners and contractors, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public with diplomacy and firmness.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply People policies and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be a nice person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.