Program Director At Filmaid International
Program Director At Filmaid International 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
FilmAid is an international development and humanitarian communications organization that harnesses the power and influence of media and the arts to respond to emergencies as well as promote social change through dialogue in order to protect the wellbeing of displaced and vulnerable populations by building stronger, healthier, and more informed communities around the world.
Position Main Function:
The Program Director will supervise the MERL Manager, Senior Program Officer (SPO), and Media & Community Engagement Manager and all the technical teams and lead the efficient and effective coordination for planning, implementation and reporting for FilmAid’s multiple donor funded communications projects and programs.**
Business and Program Development (40%)
- Builds relations with donors and NGOs to strengthen and forge future partnerships;
- Drafts concept notes and work closely with the Country Directors, Field Managers and Senior staff to brainstorm new activities and concepts;
- Leads the development of all proposals, actively contributing to the technical writing and ensuring compliance with solicitation requirements;
- He/She should work closely with Country Directors, Field Managers and relevant Senior staff on GO/NO GO decisions for opportunities.
Stakeholder and Donor Engagement (20%)
- Leads communication between departments to support the development of communication products and strategies to support program goals and increase community awareness;
- Leads the development with support of Team Leads and Technical specialists to create organizational and project profiles, maps, thematic briefs, and other communication and marketing materials;
- Maintains a stakeholder database and keeps track of programmatic meetings between FilmAid and UN agencies, donors, aid agencies, government stakeholder to foster positive relationships;
- Represents FilmAid in external meetings with stakeholders, donors and partners as required;
- Serves as the focal point for FilmAid where needed on projects with donors.
Reporting, Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning, and Technical Support (25%)
- Ensures that the design and technical support by FilmAid staff for content production, training and community engagement meets donor requirements and FilmAid’s internal quality standards;
- Supervises the Senior Program Officer to ensure the administration of an established reporting system, and that narrative reports to donors are both in compliance and reflectively of FilmAid’s commitment to quality;
- Supports project launch and ensure the timely establishment of work plans and M&E plans to donors;
- Oversees that the M&E Department has set up the tools, systems, processes, and procedures to ensure the timely collection, aggregation and analysis of M&E data;
- Reviews all M&E reports and provides support to the MERL Officer as required;
- Reviews all learning and research products, and leads the development of the strategy;
- Oversees the preparation of organization’s annual reports.
Management and Organizational Strategy (15%)
- In coordination with the Country Director, supports the development of annual organizational plans and multi-year strategies;
- Supports recruitment of program and project related staff;
- Actively participates in senior management and organizational strategy and planning meetings.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Development and/or humanitarian or related field;
- Prior Work Experience: Minimum of seven years of progressively responsible professional experience in a similar role in international development (project implementation or management or new business development), preferably with a humanitarian aid organization;
- Strong networks and established relationships with NGOs and donors in the humanitarian space in East Africa;
- Ability to represent and promote the mission of FilmAid to stakeholders;
- Proven experience in managing partnerships and relations with national and international organisations;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in monitoring and evaluating programs
- Strong technical project and portfolio management experience, with requisite skills in project management, budgeting, internal communications and partner and donor coordination;
- Experience designing, managing and implementing projects in multiple locations;
- Working knowledge on core humanitarian principles, C4D, and CwC methodologies;
- Strong organizational, communication, negotiation, presentation and writing skills, with fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili essential;
- Ability to multitask and manage diverse, cross-functional and multi-cultural teams;
- Ready to work with minimal supervision, and ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, usually not to exceed 25% of total working days per year;
Key Skills and Competencies;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili is essential;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- Creative and analytical thinker with the ability to manage multiple projects;
- Must be highly organized and able to work with other teams.
Vacancies in NGO, Community & Social DevtView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.