Program Manager (garissa) At Gold Star Kenya
Program Manager (garissa) At Gold Star Kenya 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Gold Star Kenya (GSK) was established in 2010 as a local Non-Governmental Organization; GSK was born out of the success of the Gold Star Network, a social franchise program initiative established in 2006 to promote comprehensive quality HIV care amongst a network of private health providers in Kenya. GSK implements health related projects in Kenya. We seek qualified candidates for the following position
We are seeking to fill the Position of Program Manager to be based in Garissa.
We value our employees and we believe our organization offers friendly working environment and a balanced work culture that inspires self-growth and professional excellence where individuals are inspired to live and driven by our core values:
- Community engagements
Where we work
Driven by our mission of Empowering communities to achieve better health our current team is spread across Kenya.
The Program Manager will be responsible for providing leadership, technical oversight, and strategic direction for Type 1 diabetes management agenda. The candidate will provide leadership to multidisciplinary teams to develop, implement and evaluate strategic management plans using participatory community methods, in order to improve performance standards and organizational effectiveness. They will be responsible for working closely with the project technical team and service providers to ensure that the quality of care is sustained across the program as defined by the MOH quality standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES.
- The candidate will establish and foster partnerships with the county department of Health and NCD stakeholders to advance Type 1 diabetes management agenda.
- Coordination of all project activities, monitoring and evaluation, project reporting, and dissemination of reports as necessary.
- Lead in documentation and dissemination of best practices and innovations deduced from project implementation, research and learning.
- Ensure proper budgeting, timely budget tracking and check compliance to financial management policies and donor requirements throughout project period.
- Support establishment of Type 1 diabetes peer support groups to foster household & community management of the condition.
- Provide technical support in the contextualization, dissemination and utilization of Type 1 diabetes MOH tools in the county.
- Promote timely linkage to care, initiation on treatment, retention and active follow up to
achieve glycaemic control.
- Carry out regular support supervision to all assigned facilities in all health areas including family planning, TB/HIV case management, NCDS and prepare monthly progress reports.
- Support in the development of project work plans, track project progress, and prepare reports on deliverables. Support the project manager in Planning, implement, monitor and evaluate project activities
- Actively participate in data management in liaison with facility health workers, monitoring and evaluation officer, data clerks and community health volunteers (CHVs) in ensuring screening and treatment registers and patient forms are correctly filled hence high-quality data generated for program utilization.
- Contribute to the strengthening of the health management systems from the community to county level through improved data collection, its management and reporting
- Through advocacy, promote policy shift for community systems that support children living with diabetes.
- Participate in the development of information, education and communication (IEC) materials for the project and the organization, in liaison with other relevant partners.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent technical skills e.g., community health strategies or social mobilization.
- Sensitivity of cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding NCDs.
- Ability to work with others and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, team player with drive and initiative.
- Ability to travel regionally and nationally as needed.
- Registered Clinical Officer (BSc Clinical Medicine as an added advantage) with 5-7 years relevant experience in NCDs.
- Must be registered with the relevant professional body.
- Trainer of Trainers Type 1 diabetes management
- Experience in the management of children with diabetes.
- Experience continuous quality control implementation.
- High-level county engagements.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in working with multi-cultural communities is an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of the local context – preferred.