Research And Learning Manager At Kenya Red Cross Society
Research And Learning Manager At Kenya Red Cross Society 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
This role will be responsible for coordinating learning efforts within the KRCS that contribute to exploring new and different ways of humanitarian service delivery. This position facilitates linkages between existing learning solutions and innovators to KRCS programmes and initiatives.
- Contribute to setting the vision for ICHA and provides direction to achieve the desired vision
- Develop and implement short and long term research strategies, creation of plans and set targets to actualize the vision of being a knowledge service hub through research to generate information and evidence that supports programming, policy and advocacy, innovation and learning.
- Align the research team so that all the energy and action are focused on achieving the core goals
- Communicate to and involving all levels of the team during the alignment of the vision and building commitment through communication and participation
- Deploy of appropriate resources at the time and place where they can have the most impact in implementing strategies, plans and actions
- Identify opportunities of expanding the research and learning unit work through the creation of innovative products, services and markets
- Provide programme-level management, financial, and contractual oversight to ensure that projects achieve quality programming and decision-support outcomes
- Support resource planning and management including project budget controlling and monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Management of research teams to ensure effective project implementation, supporting growth and development of the teams, performance setting and evaluation
- Coordinate and collaborate with the disaster management, climate science, data preparedness, innovation and policy teams to ensure sound project strategies are in place
- Document lessons learnt, good practice and case studies to shape programme strategies approaches, and contribute to broader sector learning.
- Build evidence and learning, new and existing, to bridge research, knowledge and practice, to inform policy dialogue and decision making at critical times of the humanitarian work.
- Address the current knowledge gaps and need for innovation and learning in the humanitarian system to improve practice, standards, impacts and performance.
- Increase engagements with the policy making and community by undertaking research in new areas directly related to current policy issues
- Mobilize all kinds of resource through the development of resource mobilization strategies and developing teams and partners to work with by leveraging the synergy of wide variety of capacities
- Build capacities that allows rapid and efficient implementation of work in order to achieve complex objectives
- Build confidence among staff and create positive feelings and a culture of belongingness through conversion of capacities and talents
- Maintain resource mobilization/ funding levels necessary to maintain reasonable condition for continuous operation of ICHA
- Establish new partnerships and strengthening existing ones to enhance collaboration in application for funds/grants
- Create linkages and opportunities for knowledge exchange with key stakeholders
- Act as a KRCS focal point for stakeholders, donors and collaborating institutions
- Represent KRCS in external meetings / workshops/ conferences
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- MSc degree in Development Studies/Social Sciences/Public Health/DRR/Climate Science/Data Science or related academic qualifications
- Extensive experience in research and evidence generation in the humanitarian sector to inform practice and decision making
- Experience in developing and implementing short and long term research strategies, creation of plans and set targets through research to generate information and evidence that supports programming, policy and advocacy, innovation and learning.
- Experience in managing and aligning research team to ensure core goals area achieved.
- Extensive communication experience and involvement of all levels of the research team and building commitment through communication and participation
- Extensive experience in resource mobilization, resource planning and management including project budget controlling, monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Experience in deploying appropriate resources at the time and place where they can have the most impact in implementing the research strategies, plans and actions
- Experience in programme-level management, financial and contractual oversight for quality programming and decision making
- Experience in documenting lessons learnt, good practice and case studies to shape programme strategies approaches and contribute to broader sector learning
- Experience in evidence generation to bridge research, knowledge and practice to inform policy and decision making in the humanitarian sector.
- Extensive experience in partnership development and management for enhanced collaboration
- Experience in building confidence and creating positive feelings and a culture of belongings through conversion of capacities and talents.
- Excellent English writing skills with ability to author reports, working and academic papers as well as peer-reviewed papers
- Ability to work independently and under the supervision of the Line Manager
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 22nd June 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.