Sales Manager, East Africa At Ingredion
Sales Manager, East Africa At Ingredion 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
About the role
The role holder will manage sales activities and accelerate sales to exceed Ingredion’s annual and regional strategic plans. Additionally, they will lead, develop and motivate the sales team to deliver on their growth ambitions.
This role reports to the Business Director, Africa.
1. Key responsibilities
- Leadership - Lead, develop, coach and motivate a team of professionals within East Africa to deliver growth targets for the region. Strong focus on high performance and employee engagement to develop an aligned, cohesive and agile team. Embed the company’s values and create a stimulating working environment.
- Business growth – Deliver growth for a portfolio of active and assigned prospect customers within the region. Working closely with the Category Team to deliver business growth.
- Strategic Plans – Develop and execute specialty sales plans for the region in line with the platform strategy and Ingredion product portfolio.
- Major Account Management - Manage major cross-regional customer accounts to deliver profitable growth e.g. identifying opportunities, business development, and price negotiation. Continuously develop and broaden the stakeholder network to drive business growth and a positive customer experience along the Buying Cycle.
- Distributor management - In close collaboration with the channel team, manage the distributor/s to grow the business with small and medium-size customers across all categories.
- Innovation – Develop new ideas, concepts, and products in conjunction with other functions such as Technical Service and Marketing
- Price and contract management – Overseeing the contract process to ensure it delivers value to customers whilst ensuring competitive pricing to maximize value for Ingredion.
- Resource coordination – Coordinate internal support such as technical service, customer service, and marketing to deliver a high level of support and fast-track project delivery for customers.
- Communication with Customers - Continuously develops and broadens the stakeholder network at customers and a positive customer experience across relevant functions and seniority levels.
- Support and coach the team to continuously develop the stakeholder network for customers across different seniority levels.
- Communication with internal Stakeholders - Develop an effective working relationship across relevant functions. Support and coach the team to establish effective collaboration and constructive exchange of the team with other functions.
- Management of Customer Relationship Management data – Coach and support the team to comply with best practices and company standards for data management and reporting.
- Team Development – Drive full adoption of company standards in selling techniques. Develop the team and team members through relevant development plans to ensure that competency standards are met, and new skills and technologies are adopted.
- Effective collaboration with the Supply chain department - Work closely with the Supply Chain team by reviewing stocks, sales, and customer forecasts on a weekly basis to ensure optimal stock holding is kept at Ingredion Kenya warehouse to meet customer needs.
- Office management - Custodian of Safety, health and wellbeing of Ingredion employees in Kenya, ensures the working environment is conducive and employees always have the required equipment. This will require close collaboration with HR UK & Emerging Markets and Business Director Africa.
Does this sound like you?
- Minimum 5 years of experience in successfully leading, developing, and motivating a team of technical service and/or sales professionals.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry, Food Science or other related disciplines
- Solid commercial/sales experience in the food or food ingredient industry coupled with strong business acumen.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Understanding of food processes and formulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving & numeracy skills.
- Passionate about sales and account management.
- The role will require regular travel throughout the region to visit customers and other Ingredion sites.
- Growth – Executes growth strategies through business expansion and cross-functional teams.
- Performance – Manages performance expectations and pipeline to deliver to plan.
- Developer – Conducts regular feedback and personalized coaching with team members.
- Relator – Builds and sustains relationships.
- Analytical – Executes data trends for smart decision making.
- Problem Solver – Implements resourceful solutions to problems.
- Responsibility – Delivers on commitments and builds trust.
- Operational – Executes efficient sales processes and methodology.
- Cultural Awareness – Demonstrates cultural awareness whilst working across different countries within the region.
Vacancies in SalesView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.