Security Manager At Catholic Relief Services
Security Manager At Catholic Relief Services 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Reporting to the Country Representative, Kenya/Somalia, the Security Manager, Kenya & Somalia ensures oversight and provides leadership on security-related matters for the CRS Kenya & Somalia country program. Given the security climate in Kenya and Somalia, the Security Manager will have significant and specific responsibilities for security and staff safety in Nairobi and Mogadishu, and other regions of Kenya and Somalia where CRS operates.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as security focal point for security issues in Kenya and Somalia.
- Ensure all new staff are accurately briefed on both security procedures and the current security climate in Kenya and Somalia by performing in-country security briefings or identifying appropriate staff to perform briefings.
- Provide all staff with regular security briefings and updates and ensure that all staff follow security procedures.
- Recruit and train a team of security focal points in different locations across the country program (Kenya and Somalia).
- Perform trend analysis, determine validity of information and reliability of sources, and assist in the development of risk assessments with a special focus on office security protocols.
- Conduct research on specific risk factors and develop reports with analysis of different security incidents.
- Coordinate security information requirements, collection, collation and dissemination of security threat information with the Regional Safety and Security Risk Advisors.
- Develop security advisories, briefings and presentations, and coordinates information dissemination.
- Maintain effective and close communication channels with security authorities and other interlocutors in Kenya and Somalia.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of security contingency plans.
- Assess prevailing local security conditions identifying security trends and advising the CRS Country Representative and other CRS staff on security issues.
- Assess the level of security risk for specific areas of operations.
- Monitor, conduct or coordinate security operations in Kenya and Somalia.
- Maintain continuing lines of communication and collaborate closely with security focal points and other Nairobi and Mogadishu-based security service providers.
- Maintain security by conducting physical security inspections of office and residential facilities as appropriate.
- Monitor, evaluate, and implement office physical security measures and conduct security surveys of installations and facilities.
- Identify gaps in existing security capabilities and makes recommendations for modifications as required.
- Ensure that CRS security management plans are relevant and constantly updated as appropriate and that all staff know their roles and responsibilities.
- Conduct regular security and risk assessments for all operational areas.
- Write regular security management reports with situational analysis and recommendations.
- Ensure that field communications needs are met, and that staff are trained in the use of radios and other communications equipment as necessary.
- Ensure CRS mandatory security trainings are rolled out as appropriate in Kenya and Somalia, including by facilitating/delivering the trainings directly.
- Develop and implement CRS security strategies and approaches adapted to local contexts in field sites across Kenya and Somalia and ensure adaptation to the local context and include comprehensive community engagement components.
- Maintain and update Field Security Plans for Kenya and Somalia as required.
- Works closely with country leadership in advising on travel restrictions and program hibernations.
- Works closely with project leadership and head of field offices to ensure that all vehicles are comprehensively insured, incidents and accidents are subjected to a formal written report, and final incident reports are provided to close the file.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Country Representative and Head of Operations.
- Prepare the Country Program’s incident register and updates this quarterly for submission to CRS Headquarters.
- Proactively work with program managers to identity and manage business risks for the Country Program.
- Identify training needs and conduct security awareness training for CRS staff.
Qualifications and Technical/Professional Requirements
- Graduate degree in international development, non-profit management, or related field. Formal technical training in security and safety and 3-4 years professional work experience with INGOs a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years with an international humanitarian organization – experience with CRS highly desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in emergency preparedness, security and staff safety.
- Strong cross-cultural skills.
- Experience working with national and international staff.
- Experience working with local partners.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Knowledge of and work experience in Kenya and Somalia strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict and move groups toward consensus.
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision.
- Good judgment and sound decision-making skills.
- Excellent organization and planning skills; detail-oriented; ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Commitment to respect, equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace through appropriate attitudes and behaviors.
- Quick learner; adaptable; creative.
- Position is open to Nationals only
Vacancies in NGO, Community & Social DevtView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.