Security Supervisor-operations Department
Security Supervisor-operations Department 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Emploi.co is a smart recruitment engine leveraging data and technology to create instant, accurate matches between candidates and roles.
The Job Role
The Security Supervisor role in the company requires a mature, results-oriented and self-motivated individual. He will be responsible for the efficient and effective management delivery of security services provided by the company to clients. Must be able to operate a company motorbike/motor vehicle with a Clean Driving Licence.
Job Responsibilities and qualifications
- To manage and provide effective leadership to the security guards and ensure that he supervises the daily operations of guards at all sites by conducting routine and random patrols.
- To maintain the Security Operations Procedures (SOP’s) Manual up to date for use by all on-site security personnel to cover duties, individual instructions for each post; attendance; use of security equipment; dress standard; training, etc.
- Strictly ensure that performance and attendance issues are addressed at the correct time, in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Act as a focal point for any investigations involving security breaches; to prepare reports and recommend a course of action in consultation with General Manager.
- Maintain the security team training plans up to date for all security staff and to test their knowledge of procedures regularly.
Person specification skills and desirable qualities
- Security professionals with proven management experience within the security industry, and with knowledge of having worked in a security firm for at least 3 years.
- A sound working knowledge of security best practices and legislation affecting the security role.
- Strong management and leadership skills together with excellent communication, influencing, negotiating and diplomatic engagement skills.
- Sound judgment and decision making skills, with a proactive ‘hands-on’, problem-solving approach, able to remain calm under pressure and take control of incidents breaches.
- Experience of writing procedures, drafting reports, preparing business cases and compiling and adjusting duty rosters to meet shortfalls in guard staffing levels
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Must have the ability to operate a motorbike and be licensed for the same.
- Recognized security qualifications from a credible institution.