Support Office Engagement Advisor, Faith & Development At World Vision Kenya
Support Office Engagement Advisor, Faith & Development At World Vision Kenya 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Purpose of the position
This position will advise Support Offices (SO) leadership, with an emphasis on SO Faith & Development (F&D) leads, guiding them regarding their respective office’s objectives to maintain WVI’s commitment to ‘live out our Christian faith and calling with boldness and humility.” The advisor will help equip SO leaders and staff to understand and articulate WV’s Mission, Vision and Core Values both internally and to externally, with the aim of strengthening WV’s brand, credibility and reputation; supporting partner collaboration; increasing revenue growth; and helping them to bear witness to the good news of the kingdom of God to our donors.
Provide technical guidance to SO Faith & Development (F&D) leads as they support SO leadership to realise Our Promise Strategic Imperative 1 (Living Out Our Christian Faith and Calling with Boldness and Humility) and as they share World Vision International’s faith related documents (Core documents, policies and guidelines) and advise SO leadership on their implementation. This may include direct engagement with SO CEO constituencies (leadership team, staff, Board, etc.) as needed.
Activities would include:
- Promoting relevant F&D Resources.
- Advising SO leadership and staff to identify and address needs to understand, articulate and live out WV’s Christian faith and calling as appropriate to their context.
- Advising SO Teams to ensure faith considerations are integrated into all supported field programmes for child well-being.
Engage with SO leadership on strategic F&D related issues:
- Listen and advise on opportunities to support F&D initiatives through Grants Acquisition & Management, fundraising channels and resources.
- Strengthen consistent and clear communication of World Vision’s Christian identity and mission, with messaging adapted for different audiences.
- Strengthen strategic partnerships with churches and faith-based organisations (FBOS) for holistic ministry.
Advise in the development, monitor the implementation and analyze SO action plans around:
- Strategic Imperative 1 ((Living Out Our Christian Faith and Calling with Boldness and Humility).
- “Our Voice” Staff Survey Christian identity question results.
- Staff completion of the Mission Immersion Programme (MIP).
F&D specific competencies:
- Apply Faith Literacy
- Support Faith Integration into Strategy & Programming.
- Support the Spiritual Nurture of Children at the Local Level.
Identify needs and, as necessary, develop relevant F&D Resources (ex. Learning modules, marketing and fundraising materials that articulate WV’s Christian identity) for SO leaders and staff.
Advise in the realization of GC F&D objectives, especially as they contribute to the Faith & Staff Formation sub-team.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Strong writing skills and proven ability to produce original documents, briefings, articles and document summaries.
- Advanced skills in in adult learning styles and instructional and curriculum design.
- A deep understanding of and appreciation for the broad range of Christian traditions and denominations that are represented within World Vision, as well as communicating the value of WV’s interfaith work.
- Experience in supporting Christian faith expression/trends in post-Christian, other faith predominant and majority secular contexts.
- Strong intercultural relations competency.
- Extensive experience and a deep understanding and application of protocols surrounding WV communication, working across sectors, and working across all levels of the organisation.
- Knowledge and understanding of core marketing and sales strategies and tactics, including engagement with high net worth supporters, mass market supporters, schools and churches.
- Experience in designing marketing communication assets and reports.
- Deeply devoted to his/her relationship in Christ through prayer, Bible study, and involvement in the local church.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for degrees in theology, practical ministry, marketing and communications.
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent experience, in Communication, Divinity, Christian Ministry or International Development.
- 3-5 years of experience working with World Vision Faith & Development at a regional or global level.
- 3-5 years of experience working with World Vision Support Offices.
- Graphic design and video editing skills.
- Experience with working remotely and on dispersed teams.
- Ability and flexibility to attend virtual meetings in different time zones (including early mornings or late nights).
- This position will travel up to 15% of the work time per year.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear, use repetitive hand motion, stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to 20 pounds.