Technician At Media Council Of Kenya
Technician At Media Council Of Kenya 1 PositionMedia Council of Kenya
The Media Council of Kenya is an independent national institution established by the Media Council Act 2013 for purposes of setting of media standards and ensuring compliance with those standards as set out in Article 34(5) of the Constitution and for connected purposes. The Council started as a self-regulating body in 2004 to regulate media industry in Kenya
VA/8 (1 Position-Based in Nairobi )
- Install and maintain ICT Systems.
- Carry out computer Hardware Repairs and maintenance.
- Provide user support ensuring response to requests are timely to ensure minimum disruption to service to clients at all times..
- Software installation and customization including upgrades.
- Undertake daily back-up of information systems.
- Ensure proper functioning of CCTV and Server Equipment.
- Train employees on internet and computer use.
- Control access permissions and privileges.
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary.
- Spearhead e-government initiatives.
- Prepare ICT equipment specifications for tender documents.
- Develop and maintain ICT helpdesk standards.
- Maintain an efficient database.
- Periodic, planned rollout of system updates and upgrades.
- Test back-up and recovery plans.
- Prepare equipment audit reports.
- Generate equipment obsolescence reports for disposal. Perform any other assignments as directed by Management.
- Diploma in IT, Computer Science or related course and professional certifications (MCSA, CCNIE)
- Minimum of three (3) years of Experience
Shortlisted candidates for VA/1 must obtain clearance from the following:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
Applicants for positions VA/2, VA/9, VA10 and VA/11 must clearly indicate their preferred station of work or indicate willingness to work in any of the mentioned regional offices.
Further, all candidates are required to provide their valid membership with relevant professional bodies.
Increase your chances of landing this job and be among the shortlisted by requesting for free CV review HERE