Top Jobs At Safaricom
Top Jobs At Safaricom 1 PositionSafaricom Plc
Job Description – Backend Developer (20000170)
Backend Developer – (20000170)
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Safaricom Digifarm Kenya Limited organization. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Digifarm TechLead, the BackEnd developer will be responsible for core application logic, scripting, databases, data and application integration, APIs & Microservices that ensure responsive front-end web/app architecture. He/She will also work alongside the architect, UI/UX teams and other developers for any additional features.
The developer will be required to see out a project from conception to final product with high attention to detail and collaboration with the agile team.
- Developing front end website architecture.
- Developing back end website applications.
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Ensure implementation of security and data protection in code
- Assist in creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside UI/UX designers for web design features.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
· At least 3 years of proven development experience for both mobile and website applications.
· Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git.
· Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net.
· Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
· Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications is a plus
· Excellent verbal communication skills.
· The ability to thrive in fast-paced environment.
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
a) An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
b) Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
c) Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
d) University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
e) National ID/Passport.