Trending Jobs At Save The Children International
Trending Jobs At Save The Children International 1 PositionSave the Children
Program Development Coordinator
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Role Purpose: The Program Development Coordinator will work with the Head of Program Development to proactively seek out and disseminate information on new funding opportunities; cultivate excellent relationships with donor agencies, partners and SC Members; and coordinate the development of both humanitarian as well as large-scale, complex funding proposals in order to maintain and increase the country office’s funding portfolio.
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Location: Somalia Country Office
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree in an area of international studies, social development or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive work experience in fundraising environment
- Substantial and proven experience of coordinating the development of/writing winning proposals with key institutional donors (including DFID, ECHO, European Commission, NORAD)
- Excellent writing/editing skills and budget development skills, with high attention to detail
- Highly developed interpersonal, presentation and communication skills to work effectively with other team members/departments, as well as influence, inform and negotiate with partners and donors
- Sound personal organisational skills, including time management, ability to meet deadlines, multi- tasking, prioritisation of tasks, and working under pressure
- Must possess a strong work ethic, have confidence, take initiative and be a self-motivated, enthusiastic team player as well as individual contributor
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children International’s aims, values and principles
- Information Communication Technology literate